Spearfishing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Funny thing, Dixie Diving didn't even ask about a powerhead in his original post........:)

GlenFWB,

Certainly you meant to say diving deep on air spearfishing with powerheads while using his regulators, dive computers, and Spare Air that he bought at Leisure Pro :D.

As a freediver and a scuba diver I have had my shares of encounters of sharks, and have saw alot of them, too close:shocked2: It kinda makes sense that Red Snapper are at a peak level in the gulf, they have alot to eat. But remember ( Preditors in the Ocean never pass up a free meal, due to that they never know when the next meal might come along.) It's evedient that SuPeRmAnBuGmAn stickes to caves and plays with eels:shakehead:, and not that much in the gulf. I would bet that a few dives with our team and he would change his mind. I can say their is more sharks than ever and if your spearfishing, you dont have a powerhead, well your quite dumb, just go to the bridge rubble," i'll wait":banana: for your response. Sharks are not BAD at all, no body is saying that, let's get that clear... :popcorn: The only problem I have with them, is really nothing at all, I like seeing them, but at a distance.

WOWBugman he just called you out:shocked2::shocked2::shocked2: Maybe next time you call someone out you do spellcheck and your Websters, it makes it look better.:D

As a freediver and a scuba diver I have had my shares of encounters of sharks, and have saw alot of them, too close:shocked2: It kinda makes sense that Red Snapper are at a peak level in the gulf, they have alot to eat. But remember ( Preditors in the Ocean never pass up a free meal, due to that they never know when the next meal might come along.) It's evedient that SuPeRmAnBuGmAn stickes to caves and plays with eels:shakehead:, and not that much in the gulf. I would bet that a few dives with our team and he would change his mind. I can say their is more sharks than ever and if your spearfishing, you dont have a powerhead, well your quite dumb, just go to the bridge rubble," i'll wait":banana: for your response. Sharks are not BAD at all, no body is saying that, let's get that clear... :popcorn: The only problem I have with them, is really nothing at all, I like seeing them, but at a distance.

Dude, seriously?

I live 30 minutes from the water, been diving since '03, with about 500 of those dives before doing the whole overhead training in the freshwater.

How about you just plug my name into the search here and watch the dive reports stack up? :rofl3: Maybe you'll be big enough to swallow your own pride, pull your foot out of your mouth, and appreciate that you're just the kinda paranoid diver I'm calling out for being too skittish to responsibly pick fish off in a Gulf where bigger fish are found. Team up with responsible and FAR more experienced divers and learn a thing or three.

Powerheads, never necessary. I challenge anyone to send me some proof otherwise where a diver has been injured or killed because he didn't have one.

Well ive had my encounters with alot of sharks, 10ft Mako freediving, bull,reef,grays, and I dont even carry a powerhead, Recharge does, ask Hetland how many times he has used it. One better yet, ask MRXRAY if he used it, when he and Underwaterangler were on PC Barge and had 3 on them while spearfishing. Also ask MRXRAY, how many we have encountered, plus we got quite a bit of video. To be quite honest I dont ever want to kill a SHARK, their to beautiful. But of all, I wonder why people think, just because you have a powerhead, your gonna go kill a shark??? That seems to be the main problem. By the way, I think I dive with a great bunch of guys, who have never had the intention of slaughtering sharks but only wanting to see them. So questioning peoples diveing skills was neved about this thread. Pretty low on your part.

Dude, seriously?

I live 30 minutes from the water, been diving since '03, with about 500 of those dives before doing the whole overhead training in the freshwater.

How about you just plug my name into the search here and watch the dive reports stack up? :rofl3: Maybe you'll be big enough to swallow your own pride, pull your foot out of your mouth, and appreciate that you're just the kinda paranoid diver I'm calling out for being too skittish to responsibly pick fish off in a Gulf where bigger fish are found. Team up with responsible and FAR more experienced divers and learn a thing or three.

Powerheads, never necessary. I challenge anyone to send me some proof otherwise where a diver has been injured or killed because he didn't have one.

I can send you accounts of divers injured with powerheads...

Back
Top Bottom