SPG Routing Question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Left hip w/ cave line. Its out of the way, doesn't hang below the body, and easy to get at when you need it. Scales well from simple OW diving all the way to ridiculous multi stage deep cave diving.

In Fundamentals, you will learn to track your gas consumption in a way that reduces reliance on the SPG. The SPG will merely be a double check of what you already know, so you really don't need to look at it that often.

Thanks for the suggestions. I will be adding a D ring so that I can clip to the left hip.

I, too, clip my SPG/cluster to my left hip d-ring with a bolt snap. The question I'm grappling with now is whether or not to switch to a wrist computer and have just my SPG attached. I recently had a very rough beach exit and found that my cluster was FULL of sand around and under the gauges. It was horrible to clean out and I'd rather not do that again.

24-26" hose, over the bc/wing, behind the left shoulder, snap-swivel on hose tied just below the SPG, attached to a low-profile 'D' ring on hip......Don't need to unclip it.......SPG should be attached to a spindle and once pressurized should remain so all you need to do is look down at it........Use a longer/shorter hose if necessary, but the set-up should be stream-lined and stay close to your body........

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom