"splashdowndivers" trip

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

barrmust

Contributor
Reaction score
i was in fl this past weekend and dove with splashdowndivers two days. it was my first boat dive in the ocean and it was pretty rough on the first day. the captain said the waves were 5-7 ft. i found out from first hand experience that you really can puke through your regulator. even with that it was a great trip. the second day was much nicer and we had a great dive.

i met kevin (scubakevdm) while there, he is their divemaster on the boat. i cant thank him enough for his help in and out of the water. we took two classes with them and everyone there really made a effort to make sure we understood the material and were comfortable with the dives. the instructor we had (guido) was quite knowledgable and i would not hesitate to take another class with him. captain lynn was very competent with her boat handeling and we felt safe with her at the helm. we are already talking about going back and diving with them again.

so if anyone is in the west palm / boynton beach area and looking for a boat to go with i would highly recomend splash down divers and all the staff there!

There you go making Kev's head swell again :wink:

wow, nice kudos... love to hear stuff like that

also, 5-7 feet... ouch... ouch... that's just about "no-go" range for me

H2Andy:
wow, nice kudos... love to hear stuff like that

also, 5-7 feet... ouch... ouch... that's just about "no-go" range for me
Poor :sick: Andy :wink:

yeah, and Marvel chain-smoking next to me while at anchor didn't help any, either

H2Andy:
yeah, and Marvel chain-smoking next to me while at anchor didn't help any, either

Marvel, we will make a sailor out of Andy yet :wink:

cdiver2:
Marvel, we will make a sailor out of Andy yet :wink:

Wimps! These new divers are all wimps! :wink: Besides, I smoke to keep the diesel fumes at bay- works for me!

Yeah, but you still got sick! LOL

barrmust, glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, even though the water was little rough. Also glad to hear you survived Kevin! LOL
Come back again when the weather is better.

Marvel:
Wimps! These new divers are all wimps! :wink: Besides, I smoke to keep the diesel fumes at bay- works for me!

Thought I saw a famous saying on Andy's posts Who Dares Wins ! 5-7 no sweat :wink:

well, let me put it this way. they were thinking of using me as "barf propulsion" to
get the boat back to the dock faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom