split fin

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have a pair of Atomics split fins and like them. They also happen to be my first set of fins. My wife and I both used full blade fins durring our training in the pool and suffered leg cramps. I have yet to cramp with my split fins and that is after 50 dives. I have been in current on the Spiegel and on other various reefs and have not had a problem.

Ahhhh the grove...I dove it about two weeks ago. We had a trip go out there and Stay at AMy Slates.....We had a good current though.......I really like the atomic line, I think they have one of the best splits on the market.......I will be bringing there line into my store after the holidays.

Ill keep my paddles for now they work good for this newb. Thanks for the info.

Ok, I have to start out with im sorry I got the splits.
My DM took me out the other day to a little hole to dive and well he had the oceanic v12 split fins you see. On the second dive he said here try these out (hes a man after my money) anyway I try these fins out and as im starting my descent I have to stop and look at my feet because I was kicking and it felt like I had lost my fins. Well the fins were still on it just felt like my bare feet in comparison to resistance. Talking about fast wow these things can book I tried everything I could think of and even snorkled with them at the end of the dive. My DM on the other hand was exhausted from using my paddle fins and I was still good to go.
Needless to say I bought a pair form him that day "thanks, you told me so" and if you get the chance to get them dont pass it up.

I bought splits and used them in my DM training. I was blowing all the DMts away. I had to slow down my kick cycle when I led groups so I wouldn't ditch them. The fins rock for speed.

However when I had to do surface test for rescue they were a pain. They are way less powerful than traditional fins. I even retook a surface test changing fins and noticed a real difference on my times.

I like my fins but not sure if they are worth the trouble.

I bought the scuba pro split fins (the floaters) and love them - I wouldn't change at all.

I have splits as well - and I love them. Although I've not dived with paddle fins, I just remember snorkeling with them and constantly my feet would cramp up (forget the calves)..but with the splits...haven't had any problems :D

What are your opinions on the Tusa Xpert Zoom split fins. I use Mares Plana Avanti Quattro. Seem to do ok but thinking buying new fins.

Also how do you think Splits compare to Mares Volo Power?

I have TUSA Xpert Zoom. I love them, not only do they look killer they are super efficient and fast. They suck for diver tow but other then that they are devine. I can frog kick and paddle kick in them. I find their manouverability stunning and I need that for diving kelp forest.

My buddy uses Atomic splits and I use a pair of cheapo Tusa Liberator X-tens. We have swapped a few times and agree that the X-tens are definitely more powerful and let you move faster. However, the split fins are more efficient, but slower.

It's like you can accelerate very easily in the splits, but go a lot faster with the full blade. I'll stick to my $29.95 full blades... I can always go slower if I want, but get me into some current and I'd rather have the power. Plus at this price they can spontaneously combust and I don't really care.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom