Split fins?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Dang! You just made me spit my martini all over my monitor.

How do like your martinis???

Just asking ... not a proposition!

"Silted, not stirred."

james_bond_martini.jpg

Just don't take a pair of paddles and cut them down the middle to make amazingly neat split fins. My friend who did this is now a statistic at the LA County Coroner's office, and was the presented example of "Why Divers Die."

Preferably in my glass and not on my monitor. (But on a more serious note, straight up, about nine parts gin to one part Noilly-Pratt Original French Dry, gently shaken, with a Mezzetta martini olive.)

Try them. If you like them, buy em and use em. If not, buy blades. Or join the ranks of us who have both. They work and feel differently for everyone that uses them, and all the debate is just personal opinion. The only one that counts is yours.

I forgot option 2- read and argue about them ad naseum here on Scubaboard, then go to the above.

When They Also Go In To The Sea

Split fins are like Ferraris and solid fins are like Ford Fusions.

Perfect analogy

MagnumFerrari.jpg

They may in fact be marginally superior, in a fairly limited range of circumstances, and people who own them - citing "speed and performance" as the benefit - are always quick to defend spending ridiculous amounts of money on them.

:eyebrow:

To the OP ...

See??? They just couldn't leave it alone! :shakehead:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom