Split from: Are you AFRAID to Post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How are they being treated so differently? I think the slights are more imagined than real. So spell it out.

Even a "slight" as you call it show the inability of people to "accurately" define the TOS. Look how much time has been wasted trying to show you how you are in fact what you are calling myself and others.......you are being called a POV warrior yet you refuse to see it. Tell me why I would waste my time trying to convince you of anything else. Time and time again you have proven that discussion is worthless.

I come back to the fact that you are going to interperet the TOS however you want and there is nothing that anybody else can do about it. Hey, it is your sandbox.....your right.

I'll agree with this, and note that I enjoy a completely different perspective on the community as a whole than anyone else in this thread. As for "My way or bugger off...", I am sure that the lack of that attitude is reflected in the number of users we have here.

I've been to great parties in my life...and I didn't know who owned the house. He could have been nice...or not. Didn't matter.

you are being called a POV warrior
What is the POV that I am Warring for?

Funny, but he did not disavow that publicly or apologize for any misconception when he had the chance. Consequently, I have taken precautions to keep my interactions with him to a minimum.

Pete, I don't know the exact timeline, but I do know you put yourself or had yourself put on his ignore list and a mod informed Wayne via PM that his post could be seen as a physical threat. Like I said, I don't know about the timeline, so I have no idea when you were put on Wayne's ignore list, but it's possible he never saw your post where you said you saw his post as a threat. I do know Wayne learned it could be seen as a threat in a PM and he responded to that PM explaining it was not a threat.

Threats should never be taken lightly, that's the issue over which I resigned as a mod. I felt a threat was being taken too lightly. If I thought there was any possibility that Wayne was threatening you, I would be asking for him to be banned. I believe you've over reacted to his post. I don't see his post as threatening in any way.

I can think of a couple, Pete ... your views on tables vs dive computers ... and your rather vocal perspective on anyone who still considers stand-up training to be a valuable way to teach scuba.

While embracing new technology and techniques has advantages, it also has disadvantages that you very much refuse to acknowledge. I won't crawl down that rathole with you again, but suffice it to say that you have been VERY dismissive of anyone who takes a different approach to training scuba students than you do.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Holy crap Pete...are you for real? I feel like I am discussing crime on Bonaire.....you win Pete. You are not at war, you are right about everything, there is no crime on Bonaire.....

I am wondering if there is a difference between people who regularly defend a specific POV when reacting to an opposing POV and people who initiate their POV by making new threads or intruding that POV into an unrelated thread.

For example, as someone whose primary profession over the last 1.5 decades has been the development of online education theory and practice, I have often stepped in when people have made inaccurate and ignorant statements attacking online education in general. I have never initiated such a thread.

Does that make me a POV warrior for online education? Are people not allowed to react when someone else expresses a POV to which they are opposed?

Last edited:
but it's possible he never saw your post where you said you saw his post as a threat.
Except that he asked the mod in question WHY he could no longer see that particular post.
Threats should never be taken lightly, that's the issue over which I resigned as a mod.
You and I also disagree over forgiveness and extenuating circumstances. I'm glad I let Kimber back on, and so are quite a number of other people.

Well, I am glad you don't see him as threatening. Fortunately for me, we don't ask for your permission when we use forced ignore. Which, notwithstanding Steve's contention otherwise, is open to EVERYONE and ANYONE if they can show us why they feel uncomfortable with a particular person following them around.

If a person steals and you call him a thief, are you calling him a name or merely labeling him?

If a person lies and you catch them in it, are thy not a liar?

I had someone call me a thief not too long ago because of his views on how I use my time at work.

Was he calling me a name or merely labeling me?

Depends on your point of view.

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

Just as a point of reference, any posts that I see that call someone else a thief, a liar, etc. will be edited or deleted. If anyone has evidence that points to something of this nature they can post the facts for others to draw their own conclusions. Unless someone has a criminal conviction that can be used as a reference, there is no need for this level of insults or name calling. If anyone wishes to discuss this post, take it to the Feedback Forum.

Holy crap Pete...are you for real? I feel like I am discussing crime on Bonaire.....you win Pete. You are not at war, you are right about everything, there is no crime on Bonaire.....
You forgot your [/drama] tag at the end.

Are you not able to answer the question? Other than tangle with those who wish to bash an agency (or more), who do I "war" with?

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom