Split from: Are you AFRAID to Post?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pete, I have no interest in getting caught up in your childish semantics. I really thought you were better than that. You claim that calling people names is against the TOS yet you see no error in judgement in calling others names that you have coined. I have to agree with Bob that you are warring on PDC's and training with/without tables because you were nothing short of beligerent at times in that thread.....I see what you are doing right now with respect to the BS term "POV Warrior" as just that....you are at war for that because you refuse to open your mind to what others are saying....therefore you are forcing your POV on them.

Steve,

You still haven't answered my question. WHAT am I warring for? If I am a POV Warrior, then what am I fighting for?

Then what is DCBC warring for? You seem to know exactly what his motives are so enlighten us. Please because you seem so confident (apparently confident enough to put him on forced ignore :shakehead:).

But first remove all ignores so that everybody has the opportunity to see what is said and to respond to it. Fair is fair except in Pete's sandbox.

Then what is DCBC warring for?
He hates PADI.
You seem to know exactly what his motives are so enlighten us.
No idea as to his actual motives. You can ask him. He was censured by PADI and I suspect that has something to do with it. Ask him
Please because you seem so confident (apparently confident enough to put him on forced ignore :shakehead:).
That's not why I put myself on his forced ignore. But you can be sure that I won't be responding to any of his threads/posts and I won't be involved in any moderation concerning him.
But first remove all ignores so that everybody has the opportunity to see what is said and to respond to it. Fair is fair except in Pete's sandbox.
How disingenuous. I won't be bullied/dogpiled into doing DCBC's whim. This option is open for ANYONE who feels threatened by another. If somehow, you feel threatened by me, you can request the same. I don't care how he tries to sway public opinion against me... no one should have to put up with that crap and that includes me.

Pete, I have no interest in getting caught up in your childish semantics.
Yeah, "thanks for trying to talk for me."

Now Steve, have I called you a name in all of this? Have I called you childish? Yet, you take me to task for saying that we have POV Warriors here on ScubaBoard. If we can't call someone a POV Warrior, should we be able to call them childish? IJA.

He hates PADI.

So how is that different from how you are behaving with this POV [-]crap[/-] stuff?

So how is that different from how you are behaving with this POV [-]crap[/-] stuff?
I don't hate PADI?

Or are you? Is the other person confusing it simply because you make the rules?

How do you really know which side of this fence you are on Pete?

Then what is DCBC warring for? You seem to know exactly what his motives are so enlighten us.

Pete doesn't understand the situation Steve. I was a PADI instructor for 17 years and got told to cut my course training time. I was told not to teach altitude tables, nor could I teach rescue in my OW program. At the time, I had a PADI Training Facility and a NAUI Training Centre. I voluntarily left PADI for this reason and realized that there training standards were below what I taught. I was also an ITE with a few other organizations (CMAS, ACUC, NAUI and IDEA) and these agencies allowed me to surpass their standards and make these required for certification.

I volunteer my time to teach scuba and am unpaid. I have no conflict of interest and no dog in the fight. I have however related my experiences that have been truthful, which Pete has labeled time and time again as "Agency bashing."

I also discussed matters with Pete in Post 83 of this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5214973-post83.html

I was just asking for him to tell us what he thought because he is so certain that you are at war. It is the personal issues/experience that clouds his judgement as the Chairman of the Board.

Pete doesn't understand the situation Steve. I was a PADI instructor for 17 years and got told to cut my course training time. I was told not to teach altitude tables, nor could I teach rescue in my OW program. At the time, I had a PADI Training Facility and a NAUI Training Centre. I voluntarily left PADI for this reason and realized that there training standards were below what I taught. I was also an ITE with a few other organizations (CMAS, ACUC, NAUI and IDEA) and these agencies allowed me to surpass their standards and make these required for certification.

I volunteer my time to teach scuba and am unpaid. I have no conflict of interest and no dog in the fight. I have however related my experiences that have been truthful, which Pete has labeled time and time again as "Agency bashing."

I also discussed matters with Pete in Post 83 of this thread: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5214973-post83.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom