Spring Fin Straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

dzonokwa

Registered
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Any recommendations about spring fin straps? I have XS turtle fins and am looking for advice on which spring fins are the easiest to use and attach to the fins. Which are better; the ones attached with pins or bolts? I hate putting my fins on and taking them off...

I like the ones attached with bolts, simply because you can change them more easily if you change footgear and need a different size. However, I do not like this type:

Vh8oUaCrJb1P1HizLuTohNpuDEh9V0MQPg9eRo5Ibb03F2_z7s5kXeZU2Nx12T2YbJYy_FgidpZdc1Cd1NtZHVQnG7N_b03z3SB-C1mHyINgU-Vwjq-7UKDtZSQbd42fo-1ooG6ntNw=s180

because I find it difficult to get my finger underneath them to pull them on and off -- and that little "loop" is not easy to pinch with dry gloved hands, especially if they are cold. I prefer the simple fabric covered springs, like the Halcyon or XS Scuba ones.

Thanks TSandM! I think the bolts look better also. I just ordered the XS Scuba ones!

I installed the XS Scuba spring straps (bolt attachment) on my Turtle fins. My only complaint is that the fabric covering over the springs tends to tear over time. No big deal, though. They've worked great for hundreds of dives. Enjoy them!

I installed the XS Scuba spring straps (bolt attachment) on my Turtle fins. My only complaint is that the fabric covering over the springs tends to tear over time. No big deal, though. They've worked great for hundreds of dives. Enjoy them!

I have the XS spring straps on my Atomic fins as well. I've only used them for a few dives so I don't know how they'll hold up over the long haul, but they certainly work great!

I have the Halcyon springs as well... like them alot and they came with the Jet"s...!

I dont like the XS straps, not wide enough............I like the ones that come on the smokes, and the other rubberized spring straps..........anything but the XS

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom