spring straps

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mares recently released spring straps for their fins. If you use the Mares brand, you will NOT hve to modify the post. If you use any other brand, such as the XS straps, you will have to modify the post to get them to fit.

I realize that Mares is now selling a spring strap, but the cost is $70, whereas the other spring straps sell for $20-30. That is why I am investigating whether any of them will work with the Mares fins before shelling out $70.

Yes we have spring straps specifically for Mares fins that do not require fin modification. Also a difference between ours and others (less expensive) is Mares has a cord running through the spring. This eliminates possibility of overstretching the spring when donning / doffing. Stainless fin attachment components.

Best regards,

These pics are of my wife's Blades:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

Mares posts are the same size. My springs do not require modifying the actual fin, but they're $44 a set for standard length springs. I custom make them by hand & can't compete with the mass produced ones.

My springs do not require modifying the actual fin, but they're $44 a set for standard length springs. I custom make them by hand & can't compete with the mass produced ones.

Plus you get quality product and 100% of the (probably miniscule) profit go into the pocket of a fellow Scubaboard member. Win-win.

These pics are of my wife's Blades:

bladefinished.jpg

bladeside.jpg

Mares posts are the same size. My springs do not require modifying the actual fin, but they're $44 a set for standard length springs. I custom make them by hand & can't compete with the mass produced ones.

Where were you when I was wanting spring straps for my volos? :confused:
Go figure :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom