Sri Lanka Aggressor Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I hear you. But what trip insurance is for is to protect YOU from unforseen circumstances that happen to YOU. What is unforseen? Acts of God like a storm or tsunami, or insurrction in other countries, or the boat not being ready. Believe me. I've been a liveaboard operator and owner for 20 years. I've supported plenty of insurance claims by my clients who claimed when weather or other circumstances got in the way of their diving. If the trip doesn't go as the brochure says it should, you want an advocate on your side to ensure that you are made whole. Buy the trip insurance.

Do you have any recommendation on which travel insurance to get?

Do you have any recommendation on which travel insurance to get?
When we had the last boat we recommended TravelGuard.

Unfortunately, issues on new start up boats is NOT uncommon (see Baja Aggressor, Bahamas Aggressor, Maldives Aggressor, ... ) and not unique to Aggressor.

When people book on Aggressor, they are expecting a certain quality level across the operation. I wish as a corporation Aggressor could do a better job with new boats added under the Aggressor name.

While nobody can predict some of these issues, I think it is important for the company to be open and honest about any issues they might be experiencing as well as their refund policy if issues arise. Check lists should be further developed to expand best practices across the fleet and minimize impacts to divers. If a boat does not meet standards, it should be kicked out of the fleet.

<<Baja Aggressor, Bahamas Aggressor, Maldives Aggressor, ... ) and not unique to Aggressor.>> but your list only contains Aggressor :)

<<standard response has been $500 toward future trip>> to be fair, only going by reports on the forum, those reports indicate the standard response is zero money. Agreed that any money back is a good thing, but giving you $500 toward a future trip that costs you multiple thousands to take advantage of, aside from the risk of a similar experience, isn't a significant or very useful remedy to me. I do liveaboards almost exclusively and have done Aggressors and would love to see them be the quality boats I expect, but I'm seeing little evidence of that for a while.

My Sri Lanka Aggressor charter was canceled 9 days before sailing. How is that for no Christmas and NYE plans at the last minute! In fairness, they are working on refunding my losses and did also provide a voucher.

I never volunteer to beta-test any new liveaboards, I wait for the track record to develop and the reviews to start flowing in before I'll 'bite'....just sayin'.

another poster child for purchasing good trip insurance?

Based upon feedback here and undercurrent it seems that many dive operators are frugal when it comes to refunds. Your simple solution is to make sure you have purchased adequate trip insurance, or have decided to self insure.

So far we have been lucky in that all of our issues have been simple travel delays: 1 time we were a day late and had to hire a gold plated water taxi (that was after driving 14 hours to catch a flight), once we were stuck in newark in the snow for 3 days with just sandals and tshirts on our way home...

I was told by a travel agent friend that it's been way too late to purchase trip insurance for awhile now. That's something we would've had to apply for at the time of sending the deposit and completed at or before the time of paying the last deposit.

PS - sorry to hear that another Sri Lanka Aggressor cancellation ruined your holidays, flipperhead.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom