SSI Stress and Rescue

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Sparrowhawk,

I am PADI Rescue Diver, the Rescue Diver Course has the Stress and Rescue eqivilant.

The first thing I learned, if you can't help yourself, you can't help other people. Whenever I go diving and I get cramp, the divemaster doesn't move to assist, he lets me deal with it myself. I was bit confused the first time this happened but I got used to it.

Stress is best handled early, like someone has said. Turn the stress into a postive thought.

Sometimes, for Logical Divers, Stress is good. It gives us caution when normally, we would jump. It might give has that split second of caution and let us see something, noone had seen.

My friend was diving in Austrailia for the first time. And the area they were diving, was supposed to be shark free. Anyway, he was 2nd in, and he didn't mind sharks but he was worried. As he was about to jump in, he saw Hammerheads. The dive site was just on a reef and wasn't that deep, and they were heading to the the surface right at the 1st diver. He shouted and removed his equipment and lent in and pulled the 1st diver out of the water.

If he hadn't bothered to check then he and the 1st diver might of died.
Its great invention (lol) stress if a Diver knows how to use it.

Bobby

Thanks, I feel better about doing the course now. I hope think that it will be a great course for me to take before anything else, (I was wanting to do Underwater Photography sometime). Since it will help me with my stress and help recognize it in others, I feel this is a more important course too learn. Eventually though I hope to do Underwater Photography and Wreck Diving, they both sound very interesting to me.

Hope all is well,

Sparrowhawk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom