St Croix diving info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hi Smitty!
Im here right now and have been diving with Dive Experience, they are great!!! Michelle, the owner, is wonderful and well accomplished! Some of the diving here is right off shore too. Check them out. I heard the shop SCUBA is good too.

I also enjoyed diving with Amchor Dive Center. I wouldn't dive there the whole week tho since they only dive the Salt River Bay area.

I would reccommend N2theblue and Cane Bay Scuba, N2the blue is very close to the Fredriksted pier and an awesome night dive. As far as other dive sites, there are plenty to choose from. Some of my favorites are the Butler Bay wrecks. These are a small cluster of wrecks from about 110' to 40' and most are within swimming distance of each other. The Davis Bay wall dive was also a great dive and I did it as a shore dive. Also check out Armageddon, Vertigo wall, Cane Bay wall and I did the Swirling Reef of Death. As mentioned by bsumner, there is great diving on the North shore/ Salt River area.

In STX, shore dives on the Frederikstek pier and Cane Bay are really excellent. You will likely see a wide variety of marine life on both dives. Last time I was in STX (January 09), we saw octopus, seahorses, lobsters, eels, and numerous fish at the pier. At Cane Bay, we did about half a dozen dives to different parts of the wall and the coral heads a little closer in. We were not disappointed, since we saw turtles, a couple of small reef sharks, a large variety of fish, and just missed (*&(&#@#!!!) a school of dolphins. We got out of the water five minutes too soon on that dive.

Hi Smitty-

I see you come to St. Croix to dive. I have a great property in Frederiksted with apartments that I am transitioning to short term rentals. I am marketing to divers that are looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable and secure place to stay and stow gear. At $55-75/nt. you can spend more time underwater. Check out jasminemanorvi.com. Cheers, Vicky

I see you come to St. Croix to dive. I have a great property in Frederiksted with apartments that I am transitioning to short term rentals. I am marketing to divers that are looking for an affordable, clean, comfortable and secure place to stay and stow gear. At $55-75/nt. you can spend more time underwater. Check out jasminemanorvi.com. Cheers, Vicky

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom