St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got 63* F at 60' below the Islander in A-bay yesterday. Looks like it's time for the 6.5mm suit. Water was still a little murky, vis about 25-30' .

Had 60-61* F at the beach 60' down in A-bay today. Winter's a comin.

I dove the Dariaw last weekend and temp was still in the 60s

I got 63* F at 60' below the Islander in A-bay yesterday. Looks like it's time for the 6.5mm suit. Water was still a little murky, vis about 25-30' .

Seems to me that in the past two years the water has been more murky than I remember. Last year it was pitch black at 150 ft at Ivy Lea on the August long weekend and cannister lights were definitely needed; this year that happened at 130 ft at the same location. Years before that I remember it being way more light at 140, 150, you could turn your light off and be ok with the ambient light. Anybody notice this also?

Seems to me that in the past two years the water has been more murky than I remember. Last year it was pitch black at 150 ft at Ivy Lea on the August long weekend and cannister lights were definitely needed; this year that happened at 130 ft at the same location. Years before that I remember it being way more light at 140, 150, you could turn your light off and be ok with the ambient light. Anybody notice this also?

it's really dark, i was there a couple weeks ago and it's black.
i remember 20 years ago diving there for 2 summers, the vis was incredible, at 200' you could see with minimal light required.

Went to Brockville the weekend of Sept. 29-30, dove the Gaskin, Lillie Parsons, and Muscallonge. Water temp was 63 F, FWIW.

Worst part was the SI and afterward ... :cold:

57 F on lock 23 in Morrisburg today. Viz 15 feet max.

Back
Top Bottom