St. Lawrence River temperature

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The shallow slow or non current bays are frozen over slightly. Maybe 4-5" ice now after the "warm" weekend. River is still low, about 2-3' I guess at the Islander ramp. No ice at the Islander or the beach in A-bay at this time. Have not been towards Massena to see what is open that way. The Canadian side looks to be about the same but, if you have some one you can contact about an area, it might be wise to find out what the conditions are. Ice is definitely not as bad as it has been in years past. Global warming, or just a weather cycle , who knows? Dive safe, Tony.:wink:

Both inside and outside your glove I heard......

Don't you just hate that!

I have an UW photo of me in February at Georgian Bay a couple of years ago and I can *still* remember the right glove leak when I look at the shot.

Found it. 9 Cedar Hill Feb 16y darn dryglove  is leaking.jpg

Haven't been in the river for 6 weeks!!! Well, I was diving the quarry to adjust my SM setup. But I think I'll give it a try this weekend with what I just read here. Thanks for the info.

400198_476918979022450_2093062626_n.jpgthe water was getting "too thick to kick" this morning!
ground hogs day 32* water-8* air...F 120' depth, breaking ice as she froze on the way out
across the river from the Jodrey wreck

How is the current on that side? A bit protected in a bay or something? I've done the Jodrey and you could find little places along the wall out of the current.

How is the current on that side? A bit protected in a bay or something? I've done the Jodrey and you could find little places along the wall out of the current.
the current eddies around the island
keeps the ice off later
she's in tight now,however!!!!!!
winter is here-bummer indeed!
pool classes and ice diving....

---------- Post added February 4th, 2013 at 03:07 PM ----------

Diving the A.E. Vickery?
no,another little wreck that i took bob sherwood and co. to a few weeks ago
little steam pram

Well it was 35F in Humber Bay, Lake Ontario today. Rotten viz, like 2 feet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom