St. Thomas - Good Diving but Overpriced Ghetto

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

oh, now you want real-world solutions

:wink:

actually, favor socially just islands with your dollars. there's plenty of them out there.

we can make a difference as consumers

H2Andy:
actually, favor socially just islands with your dollars. there's plenty of them out there.

Isn't that precisely what the OP has promised to do by vowing to never go back there and telling others to stay away too?

i have no trouble with his course of action

i have trouble with his perception of what the problem is

H2Andy:
i have trouble with his perception of what the problem is

I don't recall trying to identify the problem or socio/economic issues. In fact, as I said, I really don't give a rat's A S S what their problem is. I'm just hopeful that folks who read this thread will be better advised than I prior to wasting their good dough on a dive trip to St Thomas. There are hundreds of other dive destinations with identical demographics which are much better in every conceivable way!!!!!

Now I know why American had such a cheap fare in the middle of Spring Break to St. Thomas....it S U C K S!!!

exactly, you miss the point

good thread though

H2Andy:
exactly, you miss the point

I don't know how I could have missed the point since I'm the one that made the point to begin with "St Thomas - Good Diving but Overpriced Ghetto". Just the facts!!!!

ScubaSam99:
I don't know how I could have missed the point since I'm the one that made the point to begin with

:rofl3:

man, you're killing me

Sounds like H2Andy is an expert on island issues as well as everything else that is wrong with the planet Earth. Maybe he should return to the island he escaped from and solve their problems, instead of running away. Scubasam99, I'm sorry you had such a bad experience. I spent five full years sailing the islands of the eastern Caribbean on my own boat before choosing St. Thomas as home and a place to raise my family. I'm glad to hear that at least you had a good time diving!

I just wandered into this thread, sorry the OP had a bad time on St. Thomas, and I am sorry so many other people seem to have had a bad time there. My brother-in-law and sister-in-law taught high school on St. Thomas for a long time. We would go and visit as frequently as possible, they go back twice a year. My family has spent a great deal of time there and never had any difficulties whatsoever. My son was there over his winter break diving, good time had by all.

I am always puzzled why experiences vary so much...there are many nice people there

I have wandered over most of the world at various times and had nary a problem with people or crime

Does anyone ever wonder if there are people who are like magnets for problems? I am not referring to anyone posting here, this just popped into my head...

Back
Top Bottom