Standarizing APEKS Second Stages

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

do we get the VAT discount here in America? I though it was just for the European Union, or am I confused?
Have you order from them and are they reliable?

P.S. Browsing thru their page I just saw that the price you see in dollars is just for "indication purposes only". Is the rate they use to convert up to date? Sorry for all the questions, I just have never ordered from outside of the states....
Thanks...

VAT isn't a discount, it is basicly a "local" tax.

If you purchase an item and have it delivered outside of the EU, then if the merchant has the proper paperwork, they do not have to charge you the VAT.

If they do not have the proper paperwork completed for your order or they are not paying attention, they may charge you the VAT tax even though you don't need to pay it.

To re-coup the VAT tax, you can then file some outrageous paperwork yourself and get a "reimbursement" in a few months, at least that is how I remember it to be.

The VAT (Value Added Tax) is 17.5%, and included in the price on the website - for customers outside of the EU, this is deducted from the final purchase price, and the actual amount is shown just before you confirm your order. Because of exchange rate fluctuations, if you view the prices in USD on their website, the actual amount charged to your credit card may vary by a few dollars, but I find their prices are fairly accurate (they just do an estimated conversion, I believe they bill in euros or pounds, so it's whatever exchange rate your credit card company gives you). I've ordered a few times, and sometimes been charged a little less, sometimes a little more, but it is a tiny difference in the region of a dollar or so per item.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom