Starting GUE Fundamentals this Saturday. . .

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

JohnN

ScubaBoard Sponsor
ScubaBoard Sponsor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I am certain it will be "interesting" (on so many levels) :D

Apparently we're going to spend the first day doing the swimming test, gear review and (maybe) land drills. Only two of us in this class, so I'm certain I'll get alot of personal attention (and most likely will need it).

Here's wishing for good weather in Seattle this weekend.

Koos is a great guy -- you will have fun and learn a lot!

Good luck! I can't wait to "hear" your report. I am still on the fence about moving forward with Fundamentals.

Good luck! I can't wait to "hear" your report. I am still on the fence about moving forward with Fundamentals.

There are a lot of reports on SB already if you search, including mine

There are a lot of reports on SB already if you search, including mine

Thanks for the tip. I have read a few recently, including a recent report on the instructor I think we will go to.

Good luck... Don't be surprised if you by dive day #2 are ready to put your doubles up for sale.

Just did my Fundies in april. Extremely rewarding experience. The toughest course I have done untill now, and you really need to be ready for some down to earth back to basics true feedback on your diving. However... This is just to get you better!!
A few of my "GUE"-friends gave me a few good advice when I was at my most tired, and disheartened... DON'T WORRY... IT WILL GET WORSE!! :D
And it did... :D

However... By the last diving day... It all seemed to "magically" fit together, diving got fun again, I relaxed, and my instructor was happy :D

Got my Techpass, and a new favourite instructor. These guys are really good!

And... To those who think they are not ready... SURE YOU ARE! Do your fundies ASAP :)
Even if you don't get the tech pass immediately, you will come out of it with increased skillsets, a good variety of propulsion techniques and increased awareness when you go diving. As long as you have your OW.. this is for you :)

(Jiiz... I sound like a complete zealot... I am so sorry about that...)

Enjoy the experience.
I had so much fun when I took it. We organized another Fundamentals class locally, our third so far. It begins in a couple of weeks. :)

Please post a class report. They are enjoyable to read.

Good luck!

-Mitch

We were out diving last night -- I sure hope the visibility improves for you guys by this weekend!

I was in Seattle last week. How you could consider getting into the water in those temps I have no idea. But good luck with the Fundies, I'm sure you will have a ball!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom