Strobe for G10 / WP-DC28 housing

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Welcome Nyxell,
Glad you found your way to Scubaboard. I think by CD-Rom, you meant that your were a read-only participant on Scubaboard so far.
It's always a good idea to say hi when folks are talking about you. :D

I think folks will get a lot of use out of their YS-27s for now, but I am glad you brought up the question of usefulness of the YS-27 for wide-angle with the G10. Do you have test results with & without diffuser?
Please keep us posted on the WA solution you mentioned.

hi, everybody!

has been a CD-rom for a while and just donno if I say hi here is a good idea or not.

BTW, there are solution for WA for G10 original housing.

suppose will have a dive trip to test the lens at 1 may at Aniloa philippines, but there are not good for wide angle, just make a try there. And this patend pending product will be out to the market at Hong Kong 1st at end May.:)

so...for those bought the YS-27, may need to change to YS-110A if they want to take wide angle shoot. :eyebrow:

Last edited:
hi, everybody!

has been a CD-rom for a while and just donno if I say hi here is a good idea or not.

suppose will have a dive trip to test the lens at 1 may at Aniloa philippines, but there are not good for wide angle, just make a try there. And this patend pending product will be out to the market at Hong Kong 1st at end May.:)

so...for those bought the YS-27, may need to change to YS-110A if they want to take wide angle shoot. :eyebrow:

Wow if this is actually true. Plus it actually works. This will be huge for those of us on a budget. you can get the G10 and the Canon housing For half of the Ikelite housing and still do WA

I tried to post some link or photo here but i am new here so have to post at least 5 times then i can post thr url here.

For the 27, if you have 2x with diffuser and use bigger f stop, you still can have nice uw photo with reef background. But like school of fish u need to get really close to the school of fish.

cannot understand: if the specs of the Inon Z240 III are much higher and the focus light is integrated within and much smaller size, with the same price mark (complete package) why people still buy S&S??

Anyone dove the YS27 with an A series Canon? I have an A710IS and the built in flash is really below par as compared to my old A70 that has since went the way of the dodo.

the z240 spec is higher then YS110A but the price never the same, 240 are always 200-300 higher then 110A depends where you are.

And according to the spec, I don't think that is REALLY much higher in terms of recycle time, color temp, GN or # of fires. But in terms of CONTROL, z240 is better.

it depends on what cam you are using UW, and what kind of shoot you like to take. DC user will not consider the recycle time as they can even use the F11 but still no need to use the FULL power of the strobe. And there are limitation for wide angle for DC (external wetlens not much choice) which limited the chocie of strobes as well.

You get what you paid, most of the time that is turth.

hi, everybody!

Man that's great. Really looking forward to that :D

Hi all,

I just came across this thread as I am looking at picking up an arm / tray setup from Nyxell also - I'm just wondering if people could give me their feedbck regarding the weight of this gear? It's a big factor for me and I know ULCS tend to have the best reputation, but their is gear is pricey. The Nyxell stuff looks quality, but if it is heavy then may not be for me. I have only ever used Ikelite trays / housings handles etc...so thats what I would be comparing to.

Any thoughts, much appreciated!

Grivai--Welcome to SB. Heavy how--for travel or in use? It's solid but uw no problem. I'm using it w/ a YS110A and really like it. Adjusts easily, stays put. I like that I can add a handle and flash but for now I don't have to have the adapter for it screwed on. It's slightly unbalanced this way, depending on where I have the strobe parked. Hmmm, must mean I need another strobe! Can't beat it for the price and after shore diving it for 2 wks on Bonaire it did not seem heavy or bulky. I'd much rather have something sturdy and well made than something too lightweight. What stobe and camera setup would you use it with? // ww

Back
Top Bottom