Stupid question - practicing scuba frog kick alone

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

f "association" means a condo or homeowners association, most of them also ban "fins" or "flippers" in their pools.
I've never heard of this. So "some" maybe, but not "most."

Many of you know I snorkel laps at the gym pool (LA Fitness). No one has said boo about me being in dive mask, snorkel, and dive fins. I use a kick board as well. Good way to work on your kicks, as well as to work out.

My fins are Atomic splits which are long.

My question is a bit dumb... In order to improve frog kick skills I would like to practice alone in the pool. ...//...

The point is there is nobody there to correct me if I make mistakes ....
Start at home. Painful experience taught me that my ankles don't do what my mind tells me they are doing. I needed immediate feedback. Without it, I was mostly slicing horizontally with my fins.

All you need is a pillow, a big mirror, and a place to lie down. Cross your arms in front of you with a pillow over them. Head on pillow, looking sideways into the mirror, start learning to clap your fins together. Then go to the pool...

I believe I perfected my frog kick on my back sans fins. I could really feel what my bare feet were doing as the water swooshed by them. Didn't make much headway until I got the rhythm and mechanics down.

My local public pool let's me use fins if I let the lifeguard know and promise to be attentive to other swimmers. It's the only time I use the fast lane....

Our LDS also has a "skills night" once a month when anybody can do anything. If they want advice, there's an instructor on hand. If not, whatever.

Maybe check out these possibilities?

In our association it's not allowed to use scuba equipment in the pool unless there are instructors,

You're not using them as "scuba equipment" .....and besides, everyone who knows whats going on has been doing it for years. Use goggles, or nothing, instead of mask, (you don't need one).

Well it’s like this. If you bring and use fins nobody questions what you do. If you exercise you can’t use belt and lead weights and do apnea unless there is an apnea / scuba instructor

Why aren't you upside-down frog kicking already?

Last edited:
Well it’s like this. If you bring and use fins nobody questions what you do. If you exercise you can’t use belt and lead weights and do apnea unless there is an apnea / scuba instructor

What is apnea?

Back
Top Bottom