Style Icon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Saudi-Diver

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
A couple of days ago I was browsing through a oldish copy of a well respected British Dive Magazine ( I think it was Dive) when I spotted a article about advancing to a Tech Diver. It was really well written and was advising about slow progression and building experience. Then it went on about gear configurations for doubles and advocated a Hog Rig, BP/wing, I thought excellent, till in a throw away comment the author said anyone who dives a Single Tank with a BP/Wing configuration is just a fashion victim. I was peeved as I have recently moved over to that configuration, with the intention of eventually going on to more Technical Diving. Then I thought does it really matter what your diving as long as your willing to learn and be the best you can be. Just a thought.

Kill it with fire! :flame:

It sounds just like PADI's magazine which recently also made such a remark.

I suspect that they are trying to keep people away from the bp/w wing at the behest of their advertisers who sell jacket BCs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom