Subic Bay - 17th Jul - 2 divers missing on USS New York

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Has there been first-hand confirmation that Tin did still have gas in his tanks? Not sure about that

It's still possible to drown even if you do though

If I do not remember wrong, it is info about that earlier in this thread, think it was second hand from someone talking to the rescuers.

I'm keeping my ears open for news of any public release of the investigation findings. I'm not expecting much, those officially behind the investigation won't have any diving experience and tend to demonstrate an extreme reluctance to seek external qualified advice.

There is more information (and some realistic theories) on what happened, but I don't think the people who know are keen to share on a public venue. That's understandable.

Guys, hope this response of mine will stop all speculations, it has been almost 10 weeks already, but I can still feel the pain, Steve was a brother of mine(fraternal) and very very close at that, if possible, I wanna put this to rest.
The issues that are still being asked are 1. Do Tin still has air on his tank when found, NO, the tank was EMPTY. 2. Is it logical for Steve to be using air on his BCD, and if his BCD has leak, NO, BCD is perfectly ok, and we found his inflator beside his mouth, you guys decide if logical or not.

Guys, hope this response of mine will stop all speculations, it has been almost 10 weeks already, but I can still feel the pain, Steve was a brother of mine(fraternal) and very very close at that, if possible, I wanna put this to rest.
The issues that are still being asked are 1. Do Tin still has air on his tank when found, NO, the tank was EMPTY. 2. Is it logical for Steve to be using air on his BCD, and if his BCD has leak, NO, BCD is perfectly ok, and we found his inflator beside his mouth, you guys decide if logical or not.
It was a very unfortunate loss. If you would like to write about your friend, you could - oops, see next post. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom