Suggestion for op Lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you everyone for your responses. My wife and daughter may have a chance to check them all out. They will be visiting and staying with relatives ranging from West Palm to Boca to Coconut Creek

Does anyone know anything about the e-force shops I see advertised? Just curious as I do not remember ever reading anything about them here....

Thank you everyone for your responses. My wife and daughter may have a chance to check them all out. They will be visiting and staying with relatives ranging from West Palm to Boca to Coconut Creek

Does anyone know anything about the e-force shops I see advertised? Just curious as I do not remember ever reading anything about them here....

Florida Scuba Diving, Dive Florida's Best Sites

Force E has several shops in this area, should be able to fulfill your diving needs.

Force-E is a chain of scuba shops in the area and there's not a thing that's "wrong" with them. They are a full-line dealer for SeaQuest, AquaLung, Mares, Apeks, Tusa, Atomic, and Oceanic. I will say however that I'd never book dives through any shop if I'm able to book with the boat directly. Let the shop sell gear and let the boat sell trips :)

I would suggest however, that if they are diving nitrox and renting tanks, check out FillExpress because their nitrox pricing is that much better. FillExpress only carries Dive Rite gear and does lack some of the things other full-line shops carry though like spearguns, lobster gear, and some of the peripheral accessories but they are THE place for tank rentals and fills.

One final note, your wife and daughter comprise two of the required three divers that will make any six-pack boat from Pompano to Lake Worth run a trip and then they can pick and choose the sites. It's not too hard to get another diver if the trip is posted here so six-pack boats are a great option for them even if they might a few bucks more.

Prodive has a big boat and pleasant staff. They're geared to novices, have very reasonable rates and go out once a day at 1PM.
Ditto for American Dream except they go out 2X daily, the second at 1330 IIRC. No nitrox as of a year ago.
My only experience with SFDH was when they merged two of their boat trips into one a few minutes before departure making for one very full boat doing two reef dives. (The little boat had been scheduled for a wreck.) On that trip my my reg decided to spontaneously rupture an LP port plug during the SI. I asked the crew if they had a wrench I could borrow and they said, "Yeah, somewhere," and then ignored me. A diver had one and I R&R'd the plug. It saved me a big tip and the good samaritan diver refused any money for the use of his wrench. But I did force my cold stashed Corona on him as thanks. That hurt! BTW, others have reported that SFDH is a good op.

I have dove with all of the dive ops listed here. All are good in their own way.

I dive with Kevin in Boynton for the great reefs. I was with him on Saturday morning, and it was the first time in a while up there that I didn't see a turtle. Kev gets in the water every dive.

I dive with American Dream for the wrecks. Captain Todd and crew are great, and they are only 20 minutes from the house.

As said My choice would be Boynton Beach-several good dive boats from Splashdown divers to Underwater Explorers that has SB's Scubakevindm. I am sure they could get a day of diving see some wrecks to great reefs have fun!
Brad

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom