Suggestion for op Lauderdale area

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Al Goldstein was forced to sell the Intracoastal mansion in 2003/2004 after his Milky Way Productions venture went bankrupt. The mansion's new owners pulled the finger (no pun intended) shortly thereafter.

Al is currently a presidential candidate for the 2008 race.

Al Goldstein was forced to sell the Intracoastal mansion in 2003/2004 after his Milky Way Productions venture went bankrupt. The mansion's new owners pulled the finger (no pun intended) shortly thereafter.

Al is currently a presidential candidate for the 2008 race.

gotta love our political process

thanks for the info

sad to see what was a landmark for me for so long disappear.

The OP's question has been answered and the trip has come and gone. Let's move along, folks. :D

A ScubaBoard Staff Message...

The thread is re-opened, but let's keep the banter to the original poster's request. Thank you.

WEll, here's my second post on this board, but as a diver who lives in Northern Palm Beach County I feel it only appropriate to reply in this thread. Jupiter Dive Center is a good operation. They offer a 3 tank dive on Fridays that goes to "Hole in the Wall" on the first dive which is a 130' profile and you usually see some big creatures. I've seen Plenty of Bull Sharks, and once a TIger. They do have a lot of hunters that are regulars and they usually dreop the hunters away from the rest of the group. I also dive with The Scuba Club in West Palm Beach. Ihave been a member for 19 years, though you do not have to be a member to dive with them. They do primarily one tank dives twice a day. They do not allow hunting (except lobstering). Their facilty is undoubtably the best in South Florida. The reefs and wrecks off Palm Beach and Jupiter will provide many enjoyable dives for the beginner or the expert. Drift diving is all we do here as the current is usually fairly brisk. Come check it out!

I just returned from Lauderale last weekend and can provide some recent un-biased input. Based on recommendations from this board, I dove with American Dreams II in Fort Lauderdale (twice), Parrot Island in Pompano, and Underwater Exployers in Boynton. All three are great operators, you cannot go wrong with any of them!

Boynton Beach had the best reefs "hands-down" based on the divesites I saw. Getting to Kevin's boat from I 95 is very quick and easy. (a major factor with all the spring break beach traffic). Only negative was that Kevin was not going out everyday where-as the other two operators did.

It was my first dive trip to this part of Florida and was very impressed!

v/r, Mark

If your up on the north part of palm beach...try Jim Abernathy's.... Have dove with him many times and never disappointed.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom