Suggestions on Atomic B2 or Scuba Pro Mk25/S600 or other regulators

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not an atomic expert, but I don't think you can order Z2 with swivel turret straight from atomic. It is a option in a sense that you can purchase the turret separately and have the that installed, either by a dive shop or by atomic. So the additional cost is the cost of the turret.

But I wonder why swivel turret is any useful for single tank back mount. Maybe for side mount for double back mount?

Actually you can. We ordered them that way. Seems like at the time it cost us $50 more but that was a 10 years ago. As for the turret being useful over the fixed ports. I like it because the fixed ports are not always in line like one would want them. That is because of how the threads are cut. Which differ from reg to reg.

Hi hi

Hi hi, I'm from Singapore and all my dives will be tropical dives. :happywave:
If you live in Singapore, then you won't need to worry about authorized dealers for both SP and Atomic.

Every dive shop in Singapore services both Atomic and SP. Then again, seems like majority of the divers in Singapore uses either B2 or MK25/S600. MK25/S600 seems to be the most popular given that I've seen them 60% of the time.

It is really about what you like or what you want. You won't be able to tell the difference in the performance so it might be down the cosmetics. I will go with B2 given the service interval given that you only dive 2-4 times a year. No need to worry about free parts for life. It is just a scam.

ADEX will be at Suntec in another month, so you might be able to find some decent price/deal if you can wait.

Hi everyone,

Thank u very much for your valuable suggestion/ advice.

I had go ahead with Atomic B2 & Z2 octo. :):D

Hope to receive my new babies soon so I can dive with them in 2 months time
:scubadiver:

Can any kind divers share with me again what is the definition of limited life time and free parts for life ??

Cheers
:clearmask:

....Can any kind divers share with me again what is the definition of limited life time and free parts for life ??.....

Sure, here you are: the definition of scam

Here is another:

...... If you are determined to keep the manufacturers' useless and expensive warranty intact, you must follow the manufactures suggested service interval. However, whether or not you want to keep the useless and expensive warranty intact, learning to check your equipment is very important and will help YOU determine if your equipment needs servicing. See this link for a set of checks everyone is capable of, and should be doing: http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/regulators/260452-regulator-checklist-inspection.html

The so called free parts is just a gimmick to get you to bring your regulator in for a service annually or in some cases bi-annually to lighten your wallet.

Cheers,

Couv

Last edited:
First, as @tdallen has mentioned. Atomics does not really have a "FPFL" policy. The limited lifetime warranty from Atomics is on the hardware of the regulator itself. Not the wear and tear components of the regulator. Again, you can find the clear definition on the link provided.

Second as, @couv has alluded to, free parts for life (FPFL), in a nutshell, is no more than just a scam so that the authorized dealer can make money from servicing. I would not worry and bother with the FPFL. There is a stringent protocol to follow and I've yet to meet anyone that bothers with FPFL policy.

Regulators are pretty robust. As long as you don't abuse it, it will last you a lifetime - assuming manufacturers still provide service kits. This might sound counter intuitive, but the more you use your regulator, the longer the svc interval you can drag it out. I've got a friend with Halcyon regulator (rebadged SP) and he finally send it in for servicing for the first time after 4+ years of diving. Now I don't advise drag it out that long, but just to give you an idea that annual service might be excessive.

Atomics B2 is a great choice. I have a set as well. Congrats! ADEX is on April 7-9. You can pick up more gears if you still need anything else.

First, as @tdallen has mentioned. Atomics does not really have a "FPFL" policy. The limited lifetime warranty from Atomics is on the hardware of the regulator itself. Not the wear and tear components of the regulator. Again, you can find the clear definition on the link provided.

Second as, @couv has alluded to, free parts for life (FPFL), in a nutshell, is no more than just a scam so that the authorized dealer can make money from servicing. I would not worry and bother with the FPFL. There is a stringent protocol to follow and I've yet to meet anyone that bothers with FPFL policy.

Regulators are pretty robust. As long as you don't abuse it, it will last you a lifetime - assuming manufacturers still provide service kits. This might sound counter intuitive, but the more you use your regulator, the longer the svc interval you can drag it out. I've got a friend with Halcyon regulator (rebadged SP) and he finally send it in for servicing for the first time after 4+ years of diving. Now I don't advise drag it out that long, but just to give you an idea that annual service might be excessive.

Atomics B2 is a great choice. I have a set as well. Congrats! ADEX is on April 7-9. You can pick up more gears if you still need anything else.

Hahaha thank you !! Am so excited to go for diving trip in may with my new baby :yeahbaby::clearmask:

Let us know how you like the B2 :).

I wish there were some kind of "try before you buy" program - it might take some of the mystery out of an expensive purchase. Then again, I suspect the B2, Mk25/S600, or Legend LX would be so much better than the rental regulators I've used that I might not be able to tell them apart.

Let us know how you like the B2 :).

I wish there were some kind of "try before you buy" program - it might take some of the mystery out of an expensive purchase. Then again, I suspect the B2, Mk25/S600, or Legend LX would be so much better than the rental regulators I've used that I might not be able to tell them apart.
Not Sunshine Diver. But I guess I can chime in since I have a set of B2.

Great breathing reg. I love my B2. Some of my friends with MK25/S600 actually like my B2 better but I could not tell the difference between the two to be honest.

You won't go wrong with what you have mentioned. They are all great regs.

Back
Top Bottom