Suunto D9 issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jonny boy

Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
Hey gang,

I was wondering if anyone else has had the same issues as me with their D9? I had the battery changed about 2 months ago (don't know if this is relavent or not) and ever since then i have been having the following issues :-

Comp not logging or recording dives
Comp re-booting during a dive eg last weekend diving a wreck at around 32m, look at my comp and have 8 mins NDL time, 30secs later it beeps at me and re-sets to 40mins NDL........obviously this was a little unsettling
Comp re-booting on the surface eg same dive last weekend about 45mins into the SI and the comp beeps and re-sets itself to 0:00mins SI.....again, a little unsettling

I have taken the comp back to the distributer who will be sending it back to finland to checking. Just seems to me that a comp that is not yet 18months old with about 150 dives on it and that cost nearly $1500 really should not be doing this?

Any feedback much appreciated.

jon

I had an issue with my Vytec... it simply failed to go into dive mode on a dive... I took it to the dealer, they sent it back, I spoke to the repair guy who said that they could not reproduce the problem, so they sent it back to the dealer w/o doing anything.
I hope in your case that they can reproduce some problem.

My AOW instructor had that problem with this vytec. Never experienced it with mine, but does it show AC when you dunk it in water?

I bought my D9 in 2005, changed the battery in 2006 (together with the software recall) and 18 months after that (around 50 dives or so) it went completely dead, as per the repair guy comments it flooded. Basically, fixing my old one would cost as much as a new one… so I bought a VR3 and I’ve been living happy ever since. :)

Back
Top Bottom