Swamper in Cave Training

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Debraw

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I just don't log dives
TroyW, local swamper, is now through Basic Cave and here are some pictures my friend Richard took for me. Troy is named in a few of the attachments ands then there are a couple of pictures of people I know taking cavern training that I thought were really good.

Attachments

• Troy Cave Asmall.jpg
    Troy Cave Asmall.jpg
    198.5 KB · Views: 58
  • Troy Scoot2small.jpg
    Troy Scoot2small.jpg
    184.7 KB · Views: 50
  • Troy line Skillsmall.jpg
    Troy line Skillsmall.jpg
    247.4 KB · Views: 50
  • Troy Scoot Bsmall.jpg
    Troy Scoot Bsmall.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 48
  • Silt Out Asmall.jpg
    Silt Out Asmall.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 47
  • Cavern Training Small.jpg
    Cavern Training Small.jpg
    175.1 KB · Views: 63
  • Cavern Training Small A.jpg
    Cavern Training Small A.jpg
    241.2 KB · Views: 60
Cool stuff Debraw :D

Hey...I was doing some cold, low vis. overhead environment, entrapment danger diving the other day and thought about you.

You thought about me? Sweet. :kiss2: . Yeah I guess I could see how you could correlate the two. I have been known to be a cold hearted bitch, who can't see the forest for the trees, and ensnare men in my web. Ahhh but then I love a challenge....

You thought about me? Sweet. :kiss2: . Yeah I guess I could see how you could correlate the two. I have been known to be a cold hearted bitch, who can't see the forest for the trees, and ensnare men in my web. Ahhh but then I love a challenge....

Now that's funny, I don't care who ya are!

NSS-CDS

Day 3- after basic cave
DPV Pilot: The purpose of the DPV (Diver Propulsion Vehicle) Pilot specialty course is to expose the trained cave diver to the basic fundamentals of the safe operation of diver propulsion vehicles in underwater caves while under the direct supervision of a qualified DPV Pilot Instructor. The student is able to build practical experience in the field under controlled conditions. Safety practices, procedures and techniques common to most DPV's used in the unique environment of a cave are covered. Conservation considerations such as low-impact operation are emphasized. Potential emergency situations are simulated and practiced.

I was not part of the course but if I had to answer your question. I guess if I were in a cave and my scooter flooded, I would ditch my scooter, and get a ride out with my buddy ASAP.

Thanks for the answer. Learn something every day !

Edit: Did a little googling and now I'm confused. Whats new!

According to this site http://www.jeffloflin.com/Cave_Classes.html

The prerequisites for Cave DPV are

<<Prerequisites: IANTD, NACD or NSS-CDS (Full) Cave diver, GUE II or equivalent and a minimum of fifty (50) logged non-training cave dives.>>

Hs the NSS-CDS recently eased its standards?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom