Sydney shark attack victim was dive instructor

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This is such a ridiculous statement. Some sharks eat humans - in certain circumstances. It is not a mistaken identity. Why do you make such a claim? Is it to try to make people "like" sharks? I know several people who have been bitten by sharks, some have been accidental, but others were not.
You know several people who have been bitten by sharks? Fine, I agree that happens.

How many people do you know that have been eaten by sharks?

If there are any sharks that prey on people, i.e. see people as a food source, then those sharks must be starving. How many people are eaten by sharks every year? If you don't know, do you want to guess?

How many people do sharks have the opportunity to eat every year? If anyone considers how many people could be eaten by sharks every year, and compare that to how many people are eaten by sharks every year, they would clearly see that your claim that sharks eat humans is the ridiculous one.

Am I trying to "get people to like sharks"? No. I'm simply drawing a conclusion from simple facts. What are you trying to do by claiming that sharks eat humans?

This is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the number of humans eaten by other humans in the past 50 years is greater than the number of humans eaten by sharks in the same period.

You know several people who have been bitten by sharks? Fine, I agree that happens.

How many people do you know that have been eaten by sharks?

If there are any sharks that prey on people, i.e. see people as a food source, then those sharks must be starving. How many people are eaten by sharks every year? If you don't know, do you want to guess?

How many people do sharks have the opportunity to eat every year? If anyone considers how many people could be eaten by sharks every year, and compare that to how many people are eaten by sharks every year, they would clearly see that your claim that sharks eat humans is the ridiculous one.

Am I trying to "get people to like sharks"? No. I'm simply drawing a conclusion from simple facts. What are you trying to do by claiming that sharks eat humans?

This is pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised to find that the number of humans eaten by other humans in the past 50 years is greater than the number of humans eaten by sharks in the same period.

LOL, if your argument is that: humans present a greater danger than sharks to the safety of humans, i will have to agree, but of course this is a rather trivial conclusion.

Most of the comments are outright silly. On a thread discussing a very unfortunate incident in which a man is eaten by a shark, you say "your claim that sharks eat humans is ridiculous" . I really can't see much value in responding much further to your post.

Folks, this discussion is really inappropriate on a thread such as this. Please knock it off.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom