Tagalog.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Or Esperanto: -

"Bonvolu alsendi la pordiston? Lausajne estas rano en mia bideo!"

Answers on a postcard, please...

but i do get the point, tagalog only in ppd forums:)

BTW the Esperanto one is

"please send for the hall porter, there is a frog in my bidet"

You never know when you're going to need it...

Spoon:
Noted. I hope you tell the Dutch to do the same.
Merci beaucoup, Spoon. Bonne Annee.

Spoon:
noted. i hope you tel the dutch to do the same
That would be hard to do - they don't have their own forum. :eyebrow

Kim:
That would be hard to do - they don't have their own forum. eyebrow
There has been talk of a separate Dutch forum in the past. But there just isn't enough Dutch activity on SB to warrant that.

Well anyway - I think this is simply a question of amount. An occasional comment in any language is fine anywhere on the board. I've never really seen it in a serious thread about diving though - once in a while to make someone feel welcome or something similar it happens. Simply due to the amount of Tagalog used it is a different situation. There have already been several comments/complaints about the amount of Tagalog used in the PPD forum as it makes some people feel very unwelcome and gives the (I believe false) impression that the PPDers don't really like to socialize with everyone as most people can't understand what's going on in the many Tagalog exchanges in this forum. I have resisted those complaints and defended the use of Tagalog here. There is still some ongoing discussion though as to if anything needs/should be done about it as it really does bother quite a lot of people. If the use of Tagalog spreads outside of this forum then that will only aggravate the situation considerably especially done inside otherwise serious diving threads. While it's understandable to use it here, no such reason exists anywhere else. If people did the same sort of thing in any other language to the same degree it would be viewed the same.

Kim:
That would be hard to do - they don't have their own forum. :eyebrow

hehehehehe

anyways, as kim said maybe if there was a dutch, french, german or whatever forum..use of the native language will probably cause the perception of a foreigner not being welcome to the local threads.

specifically in the case of the PPD, lately you guys probably have noticed the increasing visits of non-pinoy SB peeps not for trip guidance but simply "hanging around"...it makes the PPD section much more interesting and fun...a "place to hang around" ---> cool! :D

IMHO more reason to temper use of tagalog

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom