Tagalog.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
Guess i am one of them contestants eh? Mabuhay!!!

hey, you're not a guest anymore...you're PPD already diba

archman:
It's all you peoples' fault you know, for starting such interesting threads. You now have a responsibility to cater to the greater international audience, or at least to Texas.

:D

Tom Smedley:
Aye Charlie balakubak na! and dalawa San Miguels too.......

one bottle muna for you
1168.jpg

Maraming Salamat po!!!

(excuse my spelling)

archman:
It's all you peoples' fault you know, for starting such interesting threads.
Face it, you're a lively bunch. :D

El Orans:
Face it, you're a lively bunch. :D
You have NO idea. ::shakes head::
:D

On the topic of Tagalog, I can sort of relate to those that complain since I can't understand 95% of it. But I also think that forcing them to stop would be bad in two ways. First, it sets a bad precident for the use of other native languages. Sure, require English in the general forums but regional ones should be available for the locals to speak however they feel most comfortable, unless by doing so they're trying to get around the TOS. Second, the PI is home to the most happy-go-lucky culture I've ever seen and I think that requiring tempering down would reduce a lot of the unique flavor found in this forum.

Ultimately, I think Kim is doing a good job on this front. I just wanted to voice my support for the way he's doing it.

Halthron:
On the topic of Tagalog, I can sort of relate to those that complain since I can't understand 95% of it. But I also think that forcing them to stop would be bad in two ways. First, it sets a bad precident for the use of other native languages. Sure, require English in the general forums but regional ones should be available for the locals to speak however they feel most comfortable, unless by doing so they're trying to get around the TOS. Second, the PI is home to the most happy-go-lucky culture I've ever seen and I think that requiring tempering down would reduce a lot of the unique flavor found in this forum.
Well put.

As I´m thinking about heading east for some diving next year I too have been dropping in/lurking occassionaly and while tagalog (a new word for me!) means that I don´t understand half of what you guys are posting, the fact that you sprincle some english once in a while makes me think that I get the gist of it...I also think it adds "flavour" to your forum...keep saying...whatever it is you´re saying ;-)

Back
Top Bottom