Tagalog.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

as always, to all our non-tagalog-speaking brothers and sisters out there, please do feel free to ask any of us to translate - though some things may be lost in the transaltion (w/o a matching bill murray) we will always do our best to share the whole joke :biggrin:

Jag

shugar:
as always, to all our non-tagalog-speaking brothers and sisters out there, please do feel free to ask any of us to translate - though some things may be lost in the transaltion (w/o a matching bill murray) we will always do our best to share the whole joke :biggrin:

Jag
As one who is often online in the wee hours of the morning on this side of the world, I often find myself attempting to enjiy the posts PPD forum. You folks seem like a fun group :wink:

But as for translating, since I do more reading than posting, my feeling is that asking for translation in a thread I'm just reading and not participating in just seems... well... like "butting in." So I pretty much just end up moving on and abandoning any thoughts I may had of participating :frown:

Ah well... someday maybe I'll be welcome *somewhere* :disappoin

you're very much welcome here, snowbear :)

we'll ask our resident chuck norris to roundhouse kick those who forget we're in an international forum... hee hee... :)

shugar:

Jag
As Snowbear said - it seems like a lot to have to do to ask for a translation. Many people are probably too shy to push like that. They probably just leave the forum and go elsewhere.
At the end of the day everyone who uses Tagalog at all anywhere should realize that whatever their intentions it's exclusionary to those who don't understand it. If the intention is to be very welcoming and sharing from the PPD community then I would think that use of Tagalog should be kept to an absolute minimum because whatever you might think you are doing - you are also shutting others out. It seems a pity to create that impression when that's not the impression you mean to create. If you really want everyone to feel welcome and be able to share in the PPD forum then it's obviously best if it stays in English which is what everyone understands.

rigdiver:
Bahalana
Paalum;
Biil
And that means.........:06:

rigdiver:
Bahalana
Paalum;
Biil

Bahala na : "it is up to God." When you say it to someone it means "it's up to you."

Paalam: "Farewell". To bid adieu.

Biil: hmmm....dunno. Maybe bili? Which means "to buy".

Hope that helps. :)

@Rig: Welcome to the PPD!

rigdiver:
Bahalana
Paalum;
Biil

Bahalana (Bahala na) - to let fate take its course / leave everything to chance
Like if I'm not prepared or qualified for a dive but decide to dive anyway, I may say "bahala na!"

Paalum (Paalam) - goodbye

Back
Top Bottom