Tagalog.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Matthew:
I doubt if rigdiver understands it himself:wink:
Sounds like that might be true. Still - as it came right after my post I was wondering what it meant - or he meant - or whatever! I'm still wondering :06:
I think that you guys are some of the friendliest on the board and my remarks are by no means meant to be compulsory or critical. I've lived in quite a few countries where I didn't understand the local language at first and been on the edge of conversations where people talked among themselves seemingly forgetting that I didn't understand. It can feel a lonely place to be and you really don't feel like telling everyone about it - you just keep quiet. Mostly when they realized that I was just sitting there looking a bit bemused they made real efforts to explain to me what was going on and try to switch to English for my benefit - even if in many cases their English wasn't so hot and it was a struggle for them. I always really appreciated the effort though and it always made me feel that they wanted to include me even if in their enthusiasm they sometimes forgot! Actually I think that happens in the PPD forum as well generally speaking. However, especially when communicating like this - in words - it only takes a few words to throw someone off if they don't understand what, or why something, was said. It's a difficult thing to fully grasp as you have to be able to fully put yourself in someone elses shoes. I'm simply trying to provide a view of what those shoes might feel like seen from the point of view of an outsider.
Actually - if I'm not mistaken - you guys have been making a real effort in recent threads to keep most of it understandable for all of us - I really appreciate it - thank you! eyebrow

Matthew:
Bahalana (Bahala na) - to let fate take its course / leave everything to chance
Like if I'm not prepared or qualified for a dive but decide to dive anyway, I may say "bahala na!"

Paalum (Paalam) - goodbye
thanks matthew, the bahala na was a better explanation than mine!

It's one of my favourite sayings. "Maktub" is the equivalent in Arabic.

bahala na : que sera sera

Que sera, sera,
Whatever will be, will be.
The future's not ours to see,
Que sera, sera,
What will be, will be.

aalm ko mabbaasa nyo ito kihat balgitad ang mga tiitk

now for toshe who raed egnlhis you can dcheeipr tihs , jsut lkie if you rlaley wnat to udtrasntd tihs in enlgihs

hehehhehe

Bahala from "Bathala". In Philippine mythology , the Supreme God of the ancient.
So when so say Bahala na. It means leaving it up to God.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom