Takin AOW soon

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Good for you for building your skills and getting active again. Having a friend who dives will make it easier for you to stay active. I dove for 4 years before my wife got certified. Its great to have a regular dive buddy.
DivemasterDennis

Thanks NetDoc! :) I'm going to Beaver Lake in NW Arkansas.
Sounds like fun. I have never dove in Arkansas... I hear they have trilobite fossils there (as well as Missouri). Finding one is on my bucket list.

How was Cozumel? I bet it was awesome! I wish I could have gone there and taken the class with you there.
We'll probably be back there next year! It should be fun. As for instructors, I am honored you would even consider me. Your current one sounds great and your confidence in him is what's important. While exotic dives are fun, the local ones can keep you in the water year round. Lakes, rivers and streams were often used by our ancestors as dumping grounds, so you never know WHAT you might find. Glass bottles as well as other artifacts and even fossils are fun to find and are a good hobby to keep you in the water.

wow 4 years already. I bet it seems like yesterday huh. Are you going to be by the dam on Beaver Lake? If so stop by C and Js and tell them I said hey :)

I am going to the Dam :) I have only been to Beaver one time before and I didn't get to C&J's, so I'm looking forward to getting there this time. I originally was only a tropical diver when I first started 4 years ago. I dove 3 times in that year. I didn't do anything for 3 years, then I went to Key Largo last November, and I get bit by the bug bad! :) Now it's time to get better and learn more!

Sounds like fun. I have never dove in Arkansas... I hear they have trilobite fossils there (as well as Missouri). Finding one is on my bucket list.

We'll probably be back there next year! It should be fun. As for instructors, I am honored you would even consider me. Your current one sounds great and your confidence in him is what's important. While exotic dives are fun, the local ones can keep you in the water year round. Lakes, rivers and streams were often used by our ancestors as dumping grounds, so you never know WHAT you might find. Glass bottles as well as other artifacts and even fossils are fun to find and are a good hobby to keep you in the water.

That's so neat! I really look forward to getting experience in all kinds of environments.

My new instructor is also a Tec Instructor. My last instructor was excellent and I was very sad to find out he doesn't have the time to teach anymore. I've heard some horror stories of bad instructors so I was really nervous about getting a new instructor. However, I've heard nothing but good things about this instructor and I had the chance to talk to him for an hour this weekend and I really like him. I can't wait! This will be fantastic!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom