Taking an air II off and putting a standard power inflator back on.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kd5izq

Reaction score
Ok, you guys know a lot more about this than I do, so here's the deal. I've got an Air II, I don't really want it. When I got my new BC I wasn't certified yet and the AIR II had come on the BC that came with my equipment package. When I got the new BC I had the Scubapro set checked out and sure enough the guy at the shop said neither the G250, MK10+ or the Air II looked as though they had seen any water ever. I want to remove the Air II and put a standard power inflator on my Genesis BC. It does have the pull dump to contend with so I'm wondering how hard this would be. If it's not something that I can do myself I'll just leave it on there for now, because I'm not taking that Genesis BC to my dive shop because they don't sell that brand and would never want them thinking I was trying to rub it in that I bought it.

So what do you think folks, can I do it myself and it still be safe?

By the way, anyone interested in that Scubapro set pm me, it's headed out of here for a really sweet deal.

1) Unloosen the clamp that secures the hose to the AirII and remove. Sometimes they just use a zip tie, so cut this (but have a new zip tie to replace it).

2) Gently twist the hose until you break the seal it has established with the valve.

3) Pull the hose back exposing the pin hold the wire for the pull dump.

4) Push the pin in using a suitable pin punch (a bent paper clip would also work) and remove the cable.

5) Reverse this process for the new valve, paying attention to it's orientation on the hose. Test for structural integrity and for leaks.

6) Go dive!!!

Just like Doc says, but you can add a bit of neoprene cement to help seal any leaks, but if you already have it on, why take it off?

It doesn't sound like you're trying to sell it.

Thanks Doc, I think I may give it a shot. As far as it being for sale? Yup, it is, along with the G250, Mk10+, and inflator hose for the Air II. Who knows, maybe somebody will be interested from the board here.

Don't really need 'em, got a different set given to me that I actually like better and could use the money more than a spare set of regs. You interested? If so pm me.

Aqualung Micras and a Calypso first stage (I believe thats right on the first stage, haven't had 'em but about 2 weeks I know that it's not the smaller, what seem to be standard, but its the larger with dual HP ports and the so on.)

kd5izq once bubbled...
Aqualung Micras and a Calypso first stage (I believe thats right on the first stage, haven't had 'em but about 2 weeks I know that it's not the smaller, what seem to be standard, but its the larger with dual HP ports and the so on.)

I can understand liking the micra for it's smaller size but the G250/Mk10 is a much better regular. Better flow rates along with the fact that the 250 is an airbalanced second stage. If memory serves me correctly (and it may be faulty) the Micra is an unbalanced second stage.

Of course it all boils down to what is comfortable to you and if it's comfortable for you then use it (as long as it's safe)

And this much they are. I really like the smaller size and how easy they are to breathe. I'm sure the Scubapros are a good set of regs, I just like my micras better. My hope is to eventually move up to an Oceanic Gamma setup, but that will be some time before that happens and I may change my mind between now and then :confused:. Thanks for the input and information though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom