Tale of a lost fin and boot...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

omcfadde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I wasn't sure whether I should post this in this forum, Lost and Found, or the Do It Yourself forum (those guys might be good at coming up with some creative uses for half a set of fins and boots.)

I recently lost some gear on a dive at Hanko, Finland. Mostly due to my own stupidity of diving with ill fitting fins for my DUI RockBoots...

I was swimming along just when I felt one of the fins slipping off; I tried to make a grab for it, but failed, and now it's somewhere in the silt and muck on the bottom. I must not have laced that boot correctly because shortly after calling the dive and "monofining" it back to the boat, the boot fell off. :shakehead:

I've since replaced the fins with XS Scuba Turtle Fins (XXXL) which fit like a glove on my one remaining RockBoot (US 12.) I've ordered a new set of RockBoots from my LDS, before I realized I could get them at almost half the price including shipping online (and they would have arrived already.) :shakehead:

Making this even more of a cluster !@#$ was my stupid decision to buy some "temporary" JetFins that would just fit over the drysuits attached neoprene sock, thinking I'd be making some dives before the new fins or boots arrived. Those fins haven't even touched water. :shakehead: Maybe those can go to the classifieds forum...

Anyone have similar stories? Ideas on what do you do with the "left overs?" Excessive use of the :rofl3: emoticon? :)

Maybe the temporary fins could be returned to the LDS since they haven't been used. Even if you can't get a full refund some shops buy and sell used gear similar to the way a pawn shop runs.

Maybe the temporary fins could be returned to the LDS since they haven't been used. Even if you can't get a full refund some shops buy and sell used gear similar to the way a pawn shop runs.

Well I thought about that, but I already modified the fins by installing the Halcyon springs. Because the original pins are flared out, you have to use a metal file to remove the original brackets and install the new Halcyon ones.

Back
Top Bottom