Talk to me about the Conshelf XIV Supreme

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If I had no regulators and was given the option of a new Mk17/A700 or a new Mk10/Balanced Adjustable for the same price, I'd go for the latter.
NO SP whatsoever!!!
I will settle on Deep 6(Apeks is too expensive nowadays)!!!

Josh has a really nice set for sale $250 is what I heard

Well. Like I said. I get a 50% employee discount. I can get parts for life if I buy a new scubapro reg. And I'm going to be certified as a scubapro tech before I leave.

Buy a new MK17/A700 for ~ $500. Free parts for life that my current shop can mail me. I can service it myself for free. I'm under a nice warranty umbrella.

What's so bad about that deal?

MK17.. chrome-plated marine brass, environmentally sealed. A700.. all-metal. It seems to be a lot like the Conshelf 14 Supreme. Plus some new technology that isn't just a marketing scam or cost-cutting trick. More parts and all.. but free parts.. and something I can service myself. Not to mention, scubapro's probably the most popular brand out there.. so I could maybe even dive with it while working for a shop that carries it.

There's nothing wrong with the MK17/A700, it will work extremely well for you. I'm not sure what the 'new technology' you keep talking about is, but it doesn't matter.

What is the new technology?

N

No, but I'm not sure why that's a problem for you. All the parts that wear can be replaced with new ones, including the rubber exhaust tee and purge cover. Actually I have one that might as well be new, it appears to have never been in the water.

I'd consider selling it for the same price as a new A700.:D But it has far fewer parts, so your tech might think it sucks.

At least you've outgrown the concern for weight. We all have to take baby steps.

I know it's not quite the same price as a new A700 but would you consider doing a deal on a brand new updated MK15? and don't laugh, I'm being serious. Don't ask don't get and all that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom