Tank Id

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

GlennL

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I just acquired a tank that I need help identifying. I got the tank and dropped it off for hydro on the way home. Stupid me didn’t take pictures in between. But what I recall is
Stamped Diving Corp of America
Instead of dot it was ICC. rated pressure was 21-something.
Original date was 55+
When I get the tank back from hydro I can take some pics and give more details

..Instead of dot it was ICC.

ICC was the precursor to the D.O.T.
Will be interesting to see photo's of the hydro stamp markings. Lots of steel 72's back then.

I have been trying to search tanks made by diving corps of America but I come up empty. The guy at the hydro shop thought it might be original military issue. I don’t know, but want to know.

Hey bud you came to the right site.A rare tank.They were an early company.I have an old catalog from them they made singles doubles and triple sets had the full cloth harnesses also.I will try to get some pics on this weekend.I think they were from Florida.Will let you know.Later Mike.

EACFA2B7-3221-47CE-AA86-014782FB750D.jpeg
A27E6974-0201-4D32-95CB-7E87EE4FF058.jpeg
CB7769CA-C5E0-4825-98E6-7692D3EBA413.jpeg

Depends what you want. Various solvents will get the paint off. I use acetone first and then naptha (lighter fluid). They're flammable, work outside and away from ignition sources.

A scrub with a mixture of Super Iron Out and water will get the surface rust off. Follow the directions, and wear gloves like it says.

The valve isn't original, so you could replace it without (further) compromising authenticity. I would at least clean it and install a new one-piece burst disc. DGX sells ones for argon bottles that are about the right pressure.

You prolly already figured this out, but its a rebranded PST
Good on you for bringing this one back into the fold..

ETA not a 72? Dunno what size it is though.

Back
Top Bottom