Tank info

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

vicmac

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Hi I have a tank which I am thinking of purchasing please would someone be able to tell me what it is from the following:
I am trying to find out what CFT it is

6M D88

The is not enough information. About the only thing I can offer is that if the cylinder is made from AL then it will be more than likely an AL80. And though made from 6061 being pre 1990 some places will not want to fill it.

Length, diameter and all of the markings on the shoulder will help....

1. It should have a marking such as DOT, TC, ICC

2. It should also have a 3AL or 3AA or alternatively, an "E" or "SP followed by 4 numbers.

3. the 3AL, 3AA or exemption/special permit number will usually be followed by the service pressure. For example "3AL3000"

4. Luxfer and Catalinas both use letter prefixes to indicate capacity so any singel or two letter codes are very useful. the cubic capacity is also often listed such as "S80" for a luxfer 80 cu ft tank.

5.The date of the initial hydro test will be stamped on the tank in a month and year format (MM@YY) with the "@" being a stamp indicating the third party company that did the testing. Stylized A's C's and arrows are common as are N's and C's inside a diamond.

6. There will also often be a manufacturer code or name such a PST, M303, Faber, Catalina, Luxfer, etc

7. Finally, the company that marketed the tank may also be there such as "US Divers", "Scubapro", "XS Scuba" etc.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom