Tarsiers! And an Alien possesion? Pictures!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver Dennis:
Then I ran into one with this evil Alien look...:11:

IMG_5750copy.jpg

IMG_5758copy.jpg
Looks pasaway, dennis. PPD mascot material....

DavidPT40:
Tarsiers fill find a hollow piece of wood by tapping on it until the sound matches up. Then they will chew a tiny little hole in the wood, and stick one of their very long fingers in it to extract any insects inside.

Thanks for the info David. I had no idea they were so smart. All the more reason to fear that evil guy...

The guide who took us up to the tarsiers on Sulawesi had grasshoppers with him. He would tie one to a branch with a bit of grass, and the tarsier would watch for a while, and then leap down, grab the insect, and return to the cleft in the tree where he was hiding. They are lightning-fast! I guess they have to be, because the grasshoppers they normally feed upon aren't tied in place :)

They were feeding these ones crickets Lynne. They were pretty lethargic but the Ranger told us they can be very quick. The crickets I saw used for feeding were impaled on a stick...:wink:

TSandM:
The one with the evil look is so priceless that, if I were not forever committed to the Borg Queen, he'd be my new avatar.
resistance is futile :D

Dennis.... very cute little critters.

The last two look like they're either having a bad day, or they are suffering from PMS. (come to think of it... isn't that one and the same! :rofl3:)

Back
Top Bottom