TDI ADV Nitrox and deco course

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karl,

Which dive shop did you go through for this, I might have to sign up for it. I go to blue hole at least once a month normally. Thanx

kuster500:
Karl,

Which dive shop did you go through for this, I might have to sign up for it. I go to blue hole at least once a month normally. Thanx

Call High Plains Scuba in Fort Collins and ask for Robin Bashor.

We go to Blue hole every month

ftcbob:
Call High Plains Scuba in Fort Collins and ask for Robin Bashor.

We go to Blue hole every month

Hey do you have a phone number for the place??? Thank you!

nyresq:
A question to any of the TDI instructor here on the board.
I am going to take the advanced nitrox & deco class and was wondering if anyone could list the skills that are taught/ required for this class? and how long is the classroom part? how many nights/ hours? how many stage bottles are used in this class?

thank you.

TDI instructors have alot of flexibility when teaching these classes. When I teach these I generally follow my ANDI guidleines making sure I follow the TDI standards as the ultimate limiting factor.

I usually will only teach a student using doubles and at least 1 sling bottle preferably at least 40cf. I can think of only 1 diver that I would allow to do the class on a single tank with an h-valve (she uses very little gas on a dive).

DIfferent instructors will have different requirements, you should discuss the requirements before going out to purchase gear.

I also usually run some preliminary work with the student at Dutch Springs then do some dives off either "Wreck Valley" or the "Eagle's Nest"

I did my class at DiveTech in the Cayman's and had a great instructor. He pushed the limit which now makes things alot easier. Having never dove doubles before it started with dual AL 80's and two 60's as sling tanks (HEAVY!). Was a skills dive at shallow depth. That was the Drill Sgt at half my age... Next couple of dive's AL 80's with dual 40's as sling, 150' depth. Graduation dive was 150' for an hour + about 1 hr 15 mins deco using dual AL 80's and (3) sling 40's, one with travel gas to extend bottom time. 25%, 36%, 80% mix.

Each instructor can do his own thing as long as the base guidelines are covered, which is why I selected TDI. I mentioned prior to getting in the class I was headed to Trimix, hence the added skill level.

Great experience!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom