TDI Deco Procedures Course Update?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The course materials are being redone. Not sure what you mean about lowering or raising the bar... the rewrite will bring the materials in-line with new developments and practices and will be informed by a decade of recreational decompression diving, since the previous title was published.

Steve, glad to here the manuals are getting an update. Deco is one I have been trying to do for the past year. First, time conflicts, now money has kept me out of the course. I have already completed the Adv Nitrox course, and I have the deco manual. I would love to help proof the new manual for you, many eyes are better than two. Not only for typos, but for readability and ease of understanding from a new-student's perspective.

Add me to the proofread list (if one is made). I took the Adv nitrox/Deco classes together, and have some suggestions for improvement.

Most of what we are taught (and what we think we know) is wrong. It's always been that way. Science moves on and we refine our techniques and technology. We learn and we progress. The books never quite catch up. We do the best we can. It is always the best course to read all you can from as many sources as possible.

as a general rule though what we are taught is usually at least a decent approximation. There are of course exceptions, but the only option we have in many cases is to observe and postulate based on observations

The new manuals are, without exeption, quite lovely! Beautiful. Glossy. Modern llustrations.

The powerpoints, however, are terrible! We teach our instructor candidates that if they want to prepare powerpoints (ie, for specialties) they should keep them simple - and generally only the course outline goes in, copied straight from Instructor Manual. Exactly what is written in the Instructor manual; which the IT team told us was a good strategy, as then you teach what you should. No more, no less. So WHY are the new presentations so full of words?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom