TDI-IANTD-PADI Tec Courses

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Did I mention that it ONLY takes 5 days? GUE Tech 1+ (Tech 1 + a second shorter class for the upgrade) is the equivalent and allows 45 min of deco on 50% and no second deco gas...

Tech 1+ Upgrade | Global Underwater Explorers

I still think 45mins on a single bottle (save a really long/shallow dive, which are few and far between) is ill advised, and 185' with a single deco gas is ill advised, regardless of the letters of the agency :)

Just how many agencies do we need? I think I will stick with PADI and GUE.

I'm partial to UTD personally and think the itty bitty bite size morsels of Tech 1/Tech 2 = GUE Tech 1 are the way to go.... You can even do it in sidemount!!! Maybe even monkey diving.

I'm partial to UTD personally and think the itty bitty bite size morsels of Tech 1/Tech 2 = GUE Tech 1 are the way to go.... You can even do it in sidemount!!! Maybe even monkey diving.

I have nothing against UTD. I think they have a very good program and there is an independent UTD instructor in the area that I have thought about training with. However, they have so many irons in the fire I wonder if they are spreading themselves too thin.

The manager of a local PADI shop is also a GUE instructor and teaches everything up to Tech 2. There is a very active GUE community in the area as well.

The PADI RecTec shop that I deal with is the most active tech diving shop in the area and provides very through training right from the beginning. When I took Drysuit, PPB and Deep part of each course included various kicks, deploying SMB, etc. Their goal is to produce good divers who are ready to start Tech diving without having to take an Essentials course first.

I am still a beginner at all of this but I think the instructor and shop is more important than the letters that the association goes by. I want an instructor/shop that is very active and provides through training. I want an instructor/shop that I feel comfortable with and a community of divers that I can buddy with in the future.

The PADI RecTec shop that I deal with is the most active tech diving shop in the area and provides very through training right from the beginning. When I took Drysuit, PPB and Deep part of each course included various kicks, deploying SMB, etc. Their goal is to produce good divers who are ready to start Tech diving without having to take an Essentials course.

You're right, why waste all that good money on essentials or fundies when you can just get 'er done with PADI.

That's right. If your skills end up the same why does it matter how you got there!

Back
Top Bottom