Tec or Rec..can you move from Rec to Tec slowly

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The more important aspect is using what is called a well balance rig. That is why the Halcyon tech rig makes this happen. The Halcyon rig you dive will be your balance and trim center. But diving one is different then just looking at it.

A bunch of years ago, when a number of us instructors started with the tech stuff, we had the wrong BCD Regs. we tried to make them work, but until we went into the clean Halcyon system, it just did not happen the way it should[/I]

For me it sounds like he is selling you Halcyon. :) Mentioning the names of the companies as the key to good diving sounds like a selling tactics.
There are many other rigs on the market that work, Halcyon is not the only one.

While I really like to search out the best deals, and have no trouble purchasing certain items On Line, when it comes to major gear purchases, I really tend to support local business. Numerous reasons;

1. I spend countless hours chatting with these business owners and really formulate my plans based on their experience.
2. I like the ability to hold/feel/compare different gear
3. Quite often, I’m provided demo’s or test gear to use and even given instructions or tips
4. Warranty, repairs, loaners, replacements. Enough said.
5. I’m mechanically challenged, so I’m prepared to pay a little more getting help with my gear, or hands on instructions to get the gear configured correctly.
6. When it comes to Dive shops, chances are I might be training or diving with these guys, so why not support them when I find a good shop. 100 mile radius, I probably have 2-3 solid dive shops with sponsored trips, repair service, board levels of instructions and the shop as a very active dive following, which makes for great dive experiences.

Thanks again for all the great feed back.

sure, if your lds has backplates & different wings, go for it.

if not, don't believe anything they say, because how do they know?

While I really like to search out the best deals, and have no trouble purchasing certain items On Line, when it comes to major gear purchases, I really tend to support local business. Numerous reasons;

1. I spend countless hours chatting with these business owners and really formulate my plans based on their experience.
2. I like the ability to hold/feel/compare different gear
3. Quite often, I’m provided demo’s or test gear to use and even given instructions or tips
4. Warranty, repairs, loaners, replacements. Enough said.
5. I’m mechanically challenged, so I’m prepared to pay a little more getting help with my gear, or hands on instructions to get the gear configured correctly.
6. When it comes to Dive shops, chances are I might be training or diving with these guys, so why not support them when I find a good shop. 100 mile radius, I probably have 2-3 solid dive shops with sponsored trips, repair service, board levels of instructions and the shop as a very active dive following, which makes for great dive experiences.

Thanks again for all the great feed back.

Jay,

Not a bad approach but don't get stuck on the brand, I am sure your LDS carries a few different BP/wing setups, you must already have discovered that you are going to be going for a lung to get properly setup, spend your money wisely. Get away from the term Pony Bottle you will be slinging a stage, ideally a 40 ali to start.

PS ask your instructor wot's a neck less? :)

After 300-400 dives you will nail down all the bad habits which will be tougher to relearn. It's always good to learn how to do it properly from the beginning and then practice it than doing 300-400 dives and then starting relearning.
That' s like saying it's ok to jump into a fighter jet's cockpit and take off with just 4hrs. experience on a Piper or taking up Formula 1 without knowing how to drive on city's streets just to prevent you from learning all those average driver's bad habits.

That' s like saying it's ok to jump into a fighter jet's cockpit and take off with just 4hrs. experience on a Piper or taking up Formula 1 without knowing how to drive on city's streets just to prevent you from learning all those average driver's bad habits.

No it's essentially absolutely different things..., Intro to tech has nothing to do with driving formula 1. More like learning how to pass the turns at a slow pace and how to put on a G-suit and adjust the belts on the fighter jet correctly...

Easy Capo, it is a learning curve, is that a "pony" I see strapped to your doubles?

More like learning how to pass the turns at a slow pace and how to put on a G-suit and adjust the belts on the fighter jet correctly...

Right,you learn slowly by diving,not by taking an intro to tech course after 50 dives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom