Technical diving? you're gonna die!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rjack321:
Yeah but you might actually have a plan for that deco gas/time vs. going up when that console beeps at you :wink:
You would hope anyways.

skywalk:
Ok so, I want to take up technical diving. But all the people i've spoken to, have discouraged me from doing that.

so, all you technical divers out there...help me out here please?
whats the bottom line?
thanks
You will always find people who will discourage you from doing the things you want (gf´s come to mind :11: )

The bottom line: For me, the reward is worth the risk. The only way you´ll ever find out if that is true for you is to take the courses and do the dives. Your wallet and SO´s will thank their lucky stars if it´s not but if it is, it´s a passion that can last a life-time...

Blitz:
If you can find someone in the states that would watch a broadcast of an F1 race. Here it is all redneck circles, all the time. (sorry, hijack over.)

Signed,

Disgruntled F1 fan.....
:hijack:
When I come to Seattle to dive with the PNW crew, you and I will get together to watch an F1 race.
...only if you root for Ferrari. :D :wink:

The only reason that I can root for Ferrari now is that Kimi drives for them! I was a McLaren fan for years(the beginning of the Hakkinen era)...... Come on up, we'll have a blast!

skywalk:
Ok so, I want to take up technical diving. But all the people i've spoken to, have discouraged me from doing that.
the top reasons being
- if you do tech dives enough, then statistics will catch up to you and you'll end up being a statistic
- it's way to expensive
- screw up your gasses and you're screwed
- sometimes, even though you've been doing it over and over, one fine day comes when your body is not up to it, and you'll get DCS over a dive thats more conservative than some that you've done in the past...

the list goes on.

so, all you technical divers out there...help me out here please?
whats the bottom line?
thanks

I would say that concerning CCR tech diving, all of the above are true.

So if you stick with twin-tank open circuit tech diving, you will be quite safe, possibly even more safe than NDL divers. Get the proper training, from the right instructors, and your diving will actually improve with tech diving.

But steer clear of CCRs.

nereas:

So if you stick with twin-tank open circuit tech diving, you will be quite safe, possibly even more safe than NDL divers. Get the proper training, from the right instructors, and your diving will actually improve with tech diving.

But steer clear of CCRs.
Great post....other than the fact you are totally wrong.

nereas:

But steer clear of CCRs.
And you know exactly what about CCR's? What units are you ceritifed on? How many CCR dives have you made?

Blitz:
The only reason that I can root for Ferrari now is that Kimi drives for them! I was a McLaren fan for years(the beginning of the Hakkinen era)...... Come on up, we'll have a blast!

If Danica didn't drive by so fast they might have more "interested" fans like me :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom