Teeth problems in SCUBA divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Finished. I have to say that I doubt any of my dental fillings were caused or aggravated by diving.
Thank you for taking the survey. Dental fillings are more likely to be due to decay than diving, and we will be factoring in that bias when we analyze our results !
Please share the survey on the other diving forums you participate in !
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Done. Age (started diving 10 years ago at 51) probably had more to do with any tooth problems than the usually shallow shore dives I do.
Thank you for taking the survey !
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Done and good luck, I'm not sure what you are hoping for but your questions didn't really cover the dental/jaw issues I've had diving.

Ben
Thank you for taking the survey ! The text box at the end of the survey is a good place to add in any details about other dental/jaw issues.
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Never had any teeth problems other than normal tooth aches from cavities been diving since 10 years old. now 72. over 9000 dives plus navy diving for 15 years. some dives on HEo2 over 300ft. Been around divers all my life. never heard of any pressure related problems with teeth. Hope this helps don't know what else I could say in a survey. And I didn't take very good care of my teeth growing up.
Hello Sealark, Thank you for taking the survey. Your're diving record is very impressive !
Please help us reach 3000 divers by sharing the survey with the divers in your network !
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Maybe they should do an ophthalmic study as I think diving has given me eye disease. Eye just can't see going back to work after diving. I think it's terminal! :D :D :D
Hahaha ! Tell me about it ! I never want my dives to end either !
Thank you for taking the survey NetDoc !
Please share the survey with the other divers in your network and on the other diving forums you participate in !
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Done. And I have had more than my share of dental work from abuse as a stupid youth!! Should have asked about my wallet problems instead! Now there's a story, especially if you ask if it's related to diving!
Hey ajtoady, that looks like a topic for a whole different survey ! ;-)
Also, thank you for taking the survey !
Please share the survey with the other divers in your network and on the other diving forums you participate in !
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Done. Found the question about custom mouthpiece interesting. I use a seacure which fits between the teeth much more than a standard mouth piece so it is just like the mouthpiece I wear a night to prevent tood grinding.
Hello Steve,
Thank you for taking the survey. There is some evidence to support that custom mouthpieces are kinder to the jaw joint than standard mouth pieces. We are looking to see if we find similar results from our study.
Here is the link:
Scuba Divers

Done

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom