Tell Us How We are Doing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

SB is doing well on the dive community and I'm pround to part of it. A few times, I tried to find info about a few stuff by some manufacturer but they are missing. So my comment will be to add a few major one such Halcyon, OMS, etc...

Keep going your great job :D

i'd also like to thank the Academy, my liposoctionist (sp?) and Dodo the Wonder Dog (that was the BEST night of my life)

If you can't follow simple requests, i.e.

"But I would like to ask you to chat elsewhere."

it does tend to diminish how seriously your complaints about posts being deleted for off-topic will be perceived.

Geoffrey, you are so right ... i shall now stop my off-topic posting

(also, this is your second out of topic post so far ... tsk tsk ... please stay on topic .. glass houses and all that)

:no

I find the "thank you" thing to be a bit obnoxious when abused.
I also find ScubaBoard a bit on the politically correct side.

I guess you could have some kind of a rating system folks could use so that when somebody makes a stupid post, you can give 'em the thumbs down, or thumbs up, if you like that kind of thing.

PLEASE! NO!

Can you imagine the thumbs up/thumbs down wars that would start?

My only experiences with the mods have been positive. Some of my experiences with other posters have been not so positive- but overall very positive. The only incident I have personal knowledge of that involved a mod using his/her mod power for evil was handled, imo, appropriately by another mod after a short (but lively?) reporting war.

The mods I know take their positions seriously and represent the board in a very positive way.

I like the mods! (I just wish they'd quit killing the kittens- lol)

I find the "thank you" thing to be a bit obnoxious when abused.
I also find ScubaBoard a bit on the politically correct side.

Yeah, politically correct and lincolnish. :D

In my CP, I've opted not to display a "badge." Suddenly because the powers that be have decided it should be so, everyone, including those of us who dislike badges now have badges. Even those who like badges and have chosen what badge they would like to display have had their choice put aside and substituted with one chosen for them by the management team of Scubaboard.

In my opinion, if you want to make Christmas badges available, you should make them available. You should not make them mandatory.

Mostly, I like how things are run here on SB, but things like this make my blood boil.

Back
Top Bottom