Tell Us How We are Doing!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

no, ieSpell is a download, I know because it asks if I want to download it when I click on that button

.. which is funny because I have downloaded it and I use it all the time

all i can say is that ive spent considerable time in SB site more than in any other site for the past few months.... so yeah, as far as im concerned, you guys are doing pretty GOOD!!!!

(i still think we should not ban some of my favourite cuss words though, but thats for another thread).

I turned mine off so I don't see any. Sure you will see them on my posts, but if I dive down main street - I see Xmas decorations in front of all the stores. It happens.

I don't have a problem with seeing decorations on all the stores and houses. I have a problem with folks putting those decorations on my house. My posts and my profile are my house.

Sorry Howard, but you did not remove yours. You still have a Santa badge displayed under your name. Hiding from it doesn't remove it. I don't mind seeing the Christmas badges displayed. I object to being forced to display one.

I'm sorry Walter. I had nothing to do with these badges, nor do I support forcing anyone to do anything they don't want to. I personally don't know how to accomodate your request here.

Sorry :(

On a different note, I think the Anony post idea has failed. It was okay, but people are not using to bring forth a thought - some are carrying on extended conversations with it, as well as a license to troll. I suggest canceling it and replace it with "Send PMs with requests for anony postings to..."

speaking of censorship...... I'm surprised that last annoymous post got by the ******* filter.

EDIT: 2nd look and it was manually censored. (deleted). :rofl3:
...... .... But I'm ok with that. I think if the F' word run's amuck, this place will become like usenet:rec.scuba. I think it should be kept moderately workplace friendly.

2nd EDIT: I called the filter above the "G E S T A P O filter", how ironic they filter/censor that word, since that was essentially part of what that organization did. go figure.

walter:
I don't mind seeing the Christmas badges displayed. I object to being forced to display one.

I can agree with this. I think it's rather annoying.

But for someone who doesn't celebrate Christmas or is a non-christian religion, I can see real reasons they wouldn't like it.

At least if we are going to have Christmas tags, let me choose my own Christmas Character.

I'm Mr Heat Mizer, I'm Mr Sun....
heatmiser.thumbnail.jpg

yep that was quite a treat... my good timing I guess

Back on the reasson of this thread. I go thru phases with this board. Back when I had lots of iddle time in the evenings my hours were filled between Diverlink and rec_scuba. To me it was the perfect balance, sing kumbaya in Diverlink then a freash breath of reality in rec-scuba. Those options are no longer available to me, rec-scuba went too far and Diverlink... oh well.
This board is good but it sure can improve, like others have sugested I agree on being treated as an adult.
For example:
A person asks for sugestions on full foot fin because they don't want to use booties, the person may or may not give the reasson for they issue with booties. So a couple of responses go by saying use x or y they work for me, and suddenly another poster comes up saying: "well why don't you want booties? there is nothing wrong using booties" agrrrr ...this person deserves to be call names. There is no 2 ways about it.

If 4 people were in a boat or a picnic table by a dive site and this happened, the moron would be called so, with the appropiate dosis of "DUH!!!!" why not here in the board?

If 4 people were in a boat or a picnic table by a dive site and this happened, the moron would be called so, with the appropiate dosis of "DUH!!!!" why not here in the board?
Because of the large audience...?

Because the owner and management here are nicer...?

What's wrong with booties anyway? :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom