Ten Days - ZERO Cigarettes

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats! I quit a long time ago, and it was the second best thing I ever did for myself (marrying my incredible wife would be the first!) Keep going!

congrats its been summer 97 for me

Congrats! Keep up the great work. (Never smoked, but my dad did and I saw how badly it can end)

Chantix did it for me. It made those things taste so bad I didn't even WANT to smoke. It's been 2 years not even a thought of starting again no cravings, not even any dreams of smoking like a got other times I tried to quit. Good job, keep it up. If it was easy, everyone could do it!

Good work dude

I just passed 10 months myself after 25+ years of smoking.. My wife still and continued to smoke while I was quitting.. And get this....I was even able to lose weight through it all

Mind of matter...you just have to want to quit.. It was actually quite easy for me... Diving is the main reason I quit... I would just keep my eye on the prize, whenever temptation would strike

Commits and two weeks away from work was all I needed, 6 years ago. If you fall off, get back on the horse rightaway, and don't beat yourself up about it. Congrats!!

Side note: I had so much nervous energy when I fist quit that I ended up building a 200 sqft loft in my home...I'd never done any construction in my life. :)

John,

Good luck with quitting. It's definitely a challenge. When I quit, I joined quitnet.com to track how much time had gone by and such, and how much money I saved by not smoking. After a good while, the numbers are pretty crazy... check it:

Your quit date: 10/26/2004
2975 days, 8 hours, 44 minutes and 41 seconds smoke free.
74384 cigarettes not smoked.
18 months, 28 days, 5 hours of your life saved.
$31,609.38 saved by quitting (at 2004 price per pack)

See you in Bonaire :crafty:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom