Teric Battery

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm in process of returning my replacement Teric. in less than four days my Teric lost 38% battery life, with AI and Compass off, including the screen.
Did they just give you a new one as a replacement or was it repaired? Who gave it to you - dealer or Shearwater? Was the replacement for a battery issue or was it something else?

I had sent mine back late last year for high battery discharge. I just checked mine and it’s at 62% - last charged at Shearwater Service around Christmas (shows 68 days since QC test dive) before they sent it back.

Yours is clearly defective - good luck.

Did they just give you a new one as a replacement or was it repaired? Who gave it to you - dealer or Shearwater? Was the replacement for a battery issue or was it something else?

I had sent mine back late last year for high battery discharge. I just checked mine and it’s at 62% - last charged at Shearwater Service around Christmas (shows 68 days since QC test dive) before they sent it back.

Thats amazing. 2 months and its just 62%
Mine was 6% 14days

Last year I did a exchange through Shearwater because of the battery drain issue, they provided me with a new replacement with all new accessories etc. I been watching the replacement for a few months now an after reading this thread I can confirm that the computer will not hold a charge longer than about three weeks in storage. Shearwater will be replacing this replacement as well. The customer service is great, but for the price we paid it makes me wonder... Shearwater stated to me through email that the next replacement will not have any issues.

Thats amazing. 2 months and its just 62%
Mine was 6% 14days
Mine is how it’s supposed to be - so I’m sure they’ll get you sorted out.

hopefully im located in the Philippines and they had to send it to new zealand! and summer is approaching fast!
Order that blue one!! :)

Last year I did a exchange through Shearwater because of the battery drain issue, they provided me with a new replacement with all new accessories etc. I been watching the replacement for a few months now an after reading this thread I can confirm that the computer will not hold a charge longer than about three weeks in storage. Shearwater will be replacing this replacement as well. The customer service is great, but for the price we paid it makes me wonder... Shearwater stated to me through email that the next replacement will not have any issues.
I had an early unit and it was fine up until my November dive trip where I noticed it drained faster than expected.

The fix was not just a battery replacement - from the repair order, it was pretty much everything but the shell, buttons and strap. Hopefully, bringing it up to “today’s build specifications” as was noted solves the issue for the expected battery life (~5 years).

hahahaha
Order that blue one!! :)

there's a chance im getting the deep6/crest backup dive comp though. i've got dive trips lined up. im gona borrow one.. on my next dive . ive got a coron dive on may 11-14. it's world war2 wrecks . US and Japanese battleships and support ships. so Coron , Philippines. Look it up.

Back
Top Bottom