Teric

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here's my 2c / speculation; you're going to see some great new computers come out that will continue to up the quality ante - a new Oceanic VTX-like...

The Aqua Lung i770R is already advertised in Scuba Diving Magazine, I can't find it online yet. Rechargeable battery, TFT screen, not sure what other "improvements". My fear is that Aqua Lung has control over Pelagic Pressure Systems and will limit developments for the other brands manufactured by PPS. I would not consider a computer running PZ+, but might consider a new computer running DSAT.

I bought a Teric in the "first wave". I have about ten day trips, and now a week long live-aboard using it. On the liveaboard I wore it as a watch continuously when I wasn't diving, except, like all watches, I took it off to sleep.

I have no complaints. The Teric was brighter and easier for me to read underwater consistently than the Perdix on my other arm. The floating compass head was valuable and useful and used on every dive. In a previous post i mentioned that I bought the Teric as a backup tech computer to the Perdix, and after the first day of use, the Perdix is now the backup to the Teric.

After 4 or 5 dives each day, and wearing it as a watch between dives, the battery hovered in the 50 to 60% charged range. I put it on the charger every night.

Reactions: Jay
I wore an friend’s older Shearwater recently on one arm and my new Oceanic Geo2 on the other arm and I have to say the Shearwater felt like an annoying block on my arm, was catchy putting through my harness, wanted to twist around too, it just felt too big. I found out as a petite person I greatly prefer the form factor of the smaller watch. So yeah the Teric!

The double tap function is nice, except when the instructor pulls your mask and you have to make gas swaps for deco. If you're not on the right screen it will not make the swap while you blindly press buttons in the sequence you know.
Personally, I always carry a back up mask. But, just curious to understand the rationale here, why bother to change gas in a computer you can’t read anyway?

We have the Teric in stock if anyone is interested as well as the Perdix AI.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom