Thank you Jupiter Dive Center for your honesty.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

divematt

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
I was getting ready to take another dive trip down to Jupiter on March 20th. When packing up my gear I noticed I was missing my regulator set up. I asked myself, did I lose it around here, or did I forget it at my last dive location?

It's hard to believe that you can come home and wash all of your gear as often as I do and not miss your regulators. But I sure did, it wasn't here when I cleaned my gear and I never noticed it missing until my next trip south. I checked my dive log to see where I had last dived. It had been a very productive Lemon Shark dive trip in which I saw a dozen and a half Lemons while diving with Jupiter Dive Center on January 30th. Had I really left my regulators somewhere for 7 weeks?

I got on the phone and asked Jerry, the owner of Jupiter Dive Center, if they might possibly have a regulator set up that I may have left seven weeks prior. After describing both second stages, the first stage, and the pressure gauge etc, Jerry came back to the phone after a nerve wracking three minutes later with the good news. I had left it there from my previous trip. Apparently I had washed my gear in their wash tanks and hung everything up to drip dry for a couple of minutes and had failed to remember to pack it with my other gear.

I can't thank Jerry and his honest team enough for returning to me over a thousand dollars worth of gear that I had left behind. You will continue to see plenty of my business.

Matt

Way to go Jupiter Dive Center!! Great story with a nice ending!!

I'm just glad the OP posted a positive post about an LDS rather than the normal bashing

I have found the most places are honest and want to do right by their customers. Nice to hear about it first hand.

Kudos to the Kats at JDC for running a first class Op.

Matt,

You forgot to mention that Jerry told you that you could only have your gear back if you came down, had another dive and then took it home with you. :)

Kidding aside, JDC is a good operation. Glad to hear that they take care of you too!

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom